Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-04-2011, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
Great another one starting a business in the great recession! You don't think your Scag wil do the slope?
It would but I doubt it would do well going down the hill. Look at the back of the house in this pic. I cut this weekly. I slid down the right side (steepest part) a few times but the rest of the hill is more open so it's not that bad. I haven't measured the slope so I'm not sure what the degree is.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Member

So I'm now trying to decide between the Cub Cadet Z-Force 54 or the Hustler FasTrak SD 54. There's about a $2,000 difference and better financing with the Cub, but the Hustler is top of the line residential with a better warranty.

I'm only going to be mowing for about an hour a week, so the Hustler may be overkill. If I have any problems with the Cub, the dealer is less than 2.5 miles away. My sales rep said if I'm not happy with the Cub, I can return it an buy a Hustler.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicklivin View Post
So I'm now trying to decide between the Cub Cadet Z-Force 54 or the Hustler FasTrak SD 54. There's about a $2,000 difference and better financing with the Cub, but the Hustler is top of the line residential with a better warranty.

I'm only going to be mowing for about an hour a week, so the Hustler may be overkill. If I have any problems with the Cub, the dealer is less than 2.5 miles away. My sales rep said if I'm not happy with the Cub, I can return it an buy a Hustler.
Before you buy see what they will give you for the cub in that case it is not likely to be the full amount.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwaters View Post
Before you buy see what they will give you for the cub in that case it is not likely to be the full amount.
Can you plase explain thsi ? What who will give you when?
Old 08-24-2011, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
Can you plase explain thsi ? What who will give you when?
most dealers will not give you a full refund if you wanted to trade it in for a different mower, as like car dealers we can not always transfer the warranty.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I told my dealer rep to either arrange a demo I can cut with, or give me a written purchase option of them picking it up if I don't like it and set me up with the another make/model. I'm a rather large guy 6' 4" 325lbs and if I don't like the ride/fit on the Cub, I might want to try the Hustler.

Would any of you buy a $5,000 plus mower without trying one out first? Most dealers have demo models for people to try and most of the regional sales reps can arrange something.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicklivin View Post
I told my dealer rep to either arrange a demo I can cut with, or give me a written purchase option of them picking it up if I don't like it and set me up with the another make/model. I'm a rather large guy 6' 4" 325lbs and if I don't like the ride/fit on the Cub, I might want to try the Hustler.

Would any of you buy a $5,000 plus mower without trying one out first? Most dealers have demo models for people to try and most of the regional sales reps can arrange something.
you would be shocked, over half of the customers I sold to this year would not test drive the mowers till after they bought it. I often have to teach a person to drive a mower on delivery. I do not have a demo Hustler sport but I do let someone drive it before they buy it.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Well, my rep is bringing a Cub to demo tomorrow that I can actually cut with!

The regional Hustler rep is setting up a demo as well. I let my grass grow for 2 weeks so it's long and thick. We'll see how each of them do.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Let me know what you think, I'm looking at the Cub Cadet Commercial Z-Force S 48 (the one with the steering wheel) and also considering a Hustler Fastrak or possibly a used Toro Z400. What kind of price is the dealer quoting you on the Cub and Hustler?

Have you looked at the S model zero from Cub, that might make your hill easier to mow. Plus it is less likely to tear your lawn up while you learn to drive with a standard twin bar zero.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Member

My Cub dealer told me he had guy's try to tear the lawn with the Tank S and said it wouldnt do it no matter how hard they tryed. I really thought about the Z Force 48 S but, was scared of the longevity of the steering system. Good luck with whatever you chose. The Hustler fastrac SD is a really nice machine. I went with my buddy to pick his up. He really likes it.

Tags
commercial , cub cadet , purchase , ztr