Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-24-2011, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Back and need LOTS of help.

Ok, so after wasting 3 years in the army and now about a year in the oil fields I want to get back in but honestly don't remember my successful business tactics or how I am going to go about this properly again in a year (need more capital) Can someone please help???
Old 08-24-2011, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Why do you say the 3 years is a waste? I'm asking cause one of my 3 sons is considering the military if he doesn't like driving an 18 wheeler for Swift.So far he likes OTR 48 states driving, says the time flies;been doing it for one month so far with no home time.If it doesn't work out, the Army is his next choice..
Old 08-25-2011, 02:13 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawncare3 View Post
Ok, so after wasting 3 years in the army and now about a year in the oil fields I want to get back in but honestly don't remember my successful business tactics or how I am going to go about this properly again in a year (need more capital) Can someone please help???
I might be over sensitive but you will not get much help by insulting the Armed Forces. not from me anyways.....
Old 08-25-2011, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

@ whosedog the only good year I had was in iraq. The unit I was in had so much corruption that it was closed down again its second time in five years. If he has a family just be prepared to see them once a year our less. its defiantly different. @stillwater if you wetter in my position with where I was and currently am and still trying to get help with the va as a disabled vet getting nothing you would see where I was coming from.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-25-2011, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you for your service to our country lawncare3.It's criminal the way some vets are treated and have to struggle to get the benefits they are entitled to. I'm really PO'd that congress members get a full pension (150K or more per year)after only serving one term,plus lifetime healthcare,but our military has to serve 20 years to get 1/2 pay.The foxes are in charge of the henhouse in this country.

My son is in training for Over the road truck driving 48 states; with a former Marine who was shot in 3 places during the gulf war. He has an artificial knee,a rebuilt elbow and his stomach was sewed back together with a mesh to hold his guts in.He collect a check every month from Uncle Sam for his injuries and has been a truck driver for 6 years now,currently an owner operator with Swift. I'm hoping that his experiences will make my son think twice about the military .If my son completes his training and gets his own rig,he will stick with truck driving.