Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-23-2011, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ICT Bill, any offerings in the works for homeowners?

ICT Bill --

I've read with great interest about your organic program and many here seem to have had excellent results with it. I have a small lawn at home, total area maybe 900 sqft.

I understand how business works and fully realize you aren't making anything selling a small little batch of your tea but it sounds like great stuff and I am interested in purchasing some, say for next year, if your team decides to offer it for the homeowner.

Let me know if you are considering this type of sale...there are local folks who sell compost tea but it does not appear it's made with the knowledge and care that your team puts into it.

Either way I understand, let everybody know if this is something under consideration.

Thank you,
CTA
Old 08-23-2011, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just buy some in a gallon at a time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-23-2011, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownAmateur View Post
ICT Bill --

I've read with great interest about your organic program and many here seem to have had excellent results with it. I have a small lawn at home, total area maybe 900 sqft.

I understand how business works and fully realize you aren't making anything selling a small little batch of your tea but it sounds like great stuff and I am interested in purchasing some, say for next year, if your team decides to offer it for the homeowner.

Let me know if you are considering this type of sale...there are local folks who sell compost tea but it does not appear it's made with the knowledge and care that your team puts into it.

Either way I understand, let everybody know if this is something under consideration.

Thank you,
CTA
Our retail offering is at www.EarthHarvestOrganics.com we have a wonderful garden fertilizer that is a 1-1-1 but it is not a turf fertilizer, much better for veggies, annuals and perennials. It is used in leafy greens and spinach in organic farming in California, roughly 6000 acres

They are our heavy duty products but all in hose end sprayers, check it out

BTW thank you for the compliment
Old 08-24-2011, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I did take a look, very nice and professional.

I see the value in the tea but it looks like the retail offering doesn't include the tea. My main issue is simply that at 1000 sqft or less, I think I'd be using maybe .2oz of a gallon jug every 3 weeks or so...and only maybe use up a couple ounces and then have to throw away the rest (unless it can store for a season). I don't mind the price so much but hate to waste so much product. Let me know your thoughts on this, and if necessary, I can simply look for someone local who has a compost tea, it will be better than just using the store brand long release N products.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownAmateur View Post
I did take a look, very nice and professional.

I see the value in the tea but it looks like the retail offering doesn't include the tea. My main issue is simply that at 1000 sqft or less, I think I'd be using maybe .2oz of a gallon jug every 3 weeks or so...and only maybe use up a couple ounces and then have to throw away the rest (unless it can store for a season). I don't mind the price so much but hate to waste so much product. Let me know your thoughts on this, and if necessary, I can simply look for someone local who has a compost tea, it will be better than just using the store brand long release N products.
ICT Products have a shelf life of over a year.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 08-25-2011, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Next March I'm placing an order for a gallon and will use it for a full season and see what comes of it. I'll have plenty to do the neighbors yard too. Thanks for the insights.