Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-01-2011, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There are studies which indicate that Trichoderma strains including h. & k. can inhibit and consume endomycorrhizal fungi when included in spore form in a product, especially if the spores are freeze processed and (IMO) if the Trich spores greatly outnumber the endo spores as they usually do. To be fair there are studies and opinions counter to this. So Bill is right....ask the endomycorrhizal fungi.

Jim: I had a source of pure Trich spores but lost it and am looking for a new source. Email me.

Smallaxe; If you grow Trich h. 22 (or some other Trichs) out with water and molasses beforehand it is effective for battling pathogens on leaf surfaces.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm more concerned about how the trichoderma can affect the myco that is established in the soil. Like treating for potential brown spot when conditions (high heat and moisture) are right.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot James View Post
I'm more concerned about how the trichoderma can affect the myco that is established in the soil. Like treating for potential brown spot when conditions (high heat and moisture) are right.
I share that concern about risking a healthy colony of AMF in a lawn just to rid it of pathogens...

[Tim... ] thanks for the response... I assume thatmeans that an actively batch, sprayed directly onto a shroom could possibly take it out...
Old 09-02-2011, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
I share that concern about risking a healthy colony of AMF in a lawn just to rid it of pathogens...

[Tim... ] thanks for the response... I assume thatmeans that an actively batch, sprayed directly onto a shroom could possibly take it out...
Interesting question...what the effects are of T. on a full fruiting body...try it...google it.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post

It probably wouldn't do much, the trich enters the hyphi of the fungi to extract nutrients, a fruiting body has a much different make up, I am just guessing