Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-19-2011, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Any blade that hits a rock will affect the balance. I have been balancing anything from mower blades to flywheels. I have customers who bring new blades to me that are not in balance. I always check the balance before sharpening. We soak, clean, inspect and sharpen, then balance all blades.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslawncareservice View Post
Great to hear. Sounds like you are standing behind your products more. What about return shipping?Posted via Mobile Device
This.......
Old 09-19-2011, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
This.......
I am asking if I return them if I don't like them do I have to pay shipping for returning them
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Sponsor

retutn

You pay the return shipping
Old 09-19-2011, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Meg-Mo: I view return shipping as a sign that a company is not fully trusting in their product. It seems like shipping would be rather expensive for all the blades needed on a 52" ztr, so it seems that the return shipping is a deterrent for buyers to not return the product, even if they are unhappy. That then makes your business look better and you believe your product is excellent because you are not getting returns, while in fact, your customers are not satisfied with your company's product.
On another note, as a representative of your company on this forum, you may want to use spell check and re-read your post before submitting. Just a suggestion. I will keep looking into the Meg-Mo system
Old 09-19-2011, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Reddens I was just going to post something similar. Now they took the 20% restocking fee off, it seems they beloved in their product 70%. I would think they would want to be in the 100% area.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-19-2011, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Reddens I was just going to post something similar. Now they took the 20% restocking fee off, it seems they beloved in their product 70%. I would think they would want to be in the 100% area.
Posted via Mobile Device
What do we know...we are just landscapers...ha. I had to throw it out there
Old 09-19-2011, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALC-GregH View Post
I don't know who you're trying to fool here but I can tell you, what you say is totally not true. There is no way centrifugal force keeps them balanced. All that does is keep them straight out from center. It has nothing to do with the balance. I think there's a reason why nobody uses them.
From what I understand of physics (I'm certainly no expert), I agree that it is not possible for them to balance themselves by centrifugal force because the blade system is rigidly mounted to the spindle. If it were not a rigid mount, then it would be possible for the system to self balance by rotating around it's mass center axis. But that is not possible when connected to rigid shaft and bearing.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I am asking if I return them if I don't like them do I have to pay shipping for returning them
Posted via Mobile Device
No, I knew that Jim. I was asking the same thing as you "This......." regarding the return shiping.

We've (you and I) talked about the return shipping here before, and we both thought it was a big deterrent to trying them out.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I look at off the wall technology like this. If it was worth it, a major manufacturer would have approached them with a bag of money for the rights. Since nobody else has a similar design I would assume it isn't a marketable design.
Posted via Mobile Device