Click for Weather

Old 09-21-2011, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thinking about buying for leaf cleanup?
Old 09-21-2011, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
Do I need to wear a respirator so I don't inhale all that grass vapor?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is possibly the best thing I have read in a loooong time! Thanks, I needed that!

My E-450 Dovetail Van project thread.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=351062&page=7
Old 09-21-2011, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuacro View Post
Thinking about buying for leaf cleanup?
Id be worried, some leaf vapor is known to produce hallucinogenic effects.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-21-2011, 01:22 PM

Looks to me like a similar setup for a Bushhog with a stump jumper. You don't have to balance blades on a BH stump jumper set up. The blades spin and it smooths out. You have to get it to a certain speed for it to smooth out. Some types of grass the BH will mulch and others it will make clump. But you only have 2 blades with the BH and more with the meg-mo system. 4 with the meg mo system. So that would definitely help with the mulching. Very hard to mulch crab grass as we all know. The BH will cut smooth sometimes if you have it running much higher than the recommended PTO speed and with the right kind of grass. I guess you would need a certain HP to make the 4 blade mego-mo system work properly?

Last edited by Charles; 09-21-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Id be worried, some leaf vapor is known to produce hallucinogenic effects.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well, I checked with my health and safety consultant and there is no material safety data sheet (MSDS) that he can find anywhere for grass vapor. In the absense of a MSDS he says that I need to assume the worst and mow in a fully encapsulating HAZMAT level A vapor suit if I'm going to use those blades.

This one seems to be pretty reasonable...some of them are pretty darn expensive.

http://www.allhandsfire.com/FULLY-EN...FZF35QodtVk9Jg
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Sponsor

Meg Mo

Thanks for all the response. With over 99.6% satsfied customer I thought I would help the people that try to make money mowing, THANKS
Old 09-21-2011, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Well, I checked with my health and safety consultant and there is no material safety data sheet (MSDS) that he can find anywhere for grass vapor. In the absense of a MSDS he says that I need to assume the worst and mow in a fully encapsulating HAZMAT level A vapor suit if I'm going to use those blades.

This one seems to be pretty reasonable...some of them are pretty darn expensive.

Just checked in and I LMFAO so hard it brought tears
Old 09-21-2011, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

ROTF LMAO

I noticed the air filter on my ZTR was getting a green tint to it, and didn't know why, or what was causing. I never thought about grass vapors. Maybe I need to see if my dealer stocks hazmat air filters for a Kohler.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg-Mo View Post
To all that think the Meg Mo blades do not balance them self you need to do more looking and resurech.
So this is what you call helping? It's a legitimate question to ask how your blades magically balance themselves and that's the reply we get? After all this time you still can't explain how they balance themselves?

And you make a claim that they vaporize grass. From where I sit it sounds like you're making claims that can't be backed up.

And as far as the cut quality you claim is so great, in your own video it looks like crap to me with stuff sticking up all over the place. Maybe your blades are suited for the type of mowing that they are shown doing in your video, but I can't leave the lawns I service looking like that. Honestly they seem more like bush hog blades for a tractor belly mower that give a bit better cut than a bush hog (I'm sure there's a market for that), but not the finished cut that a high end lawn would require.

Perhaps if you stopped trying to sensationalize your product and were honest about it more people would buy it?

Best of luck.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg-Mo View Post
Thanks for all the response. With over 99.6% satsfied customer I thought I would help the people that try to make money mowing, THANKS
Posted via Mobile Device
Do you base this claim on number of returns? I think maybe people would rather keep them than lose 50% of their investment on return shipping and restocking fees. I would think with the 1000's of posters on here a significant portion would use them if they lived up to claims.