Register free!

Old 09-22-2011, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I see time and again where a homeowner goes into the local hardware store, buys a centrifugal pump then calls me saying "it doesn't work".
My favorite is when I ask why there are pvc sewage fittings all over instead of schedule 80 components. Costs too much is what I hear in reply.
Never could figure that one out, by the time I get the Northern Star cheap-assed pump reinstalled and all the piping sorted out the dude has just paid me over $500 to straighten out his Ace special.
I have always applauded the knowledgeable verse cheap do-it-yourself kind of guy, especially the guys similar to the o.p. Go in, get the system set-up properly so the dude has something to mess around with - then usually get invited for a beer or three while sitting on the back porch watching the water fly.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Since irrigating with a trash pump is out of my league, my only comment would be galvanized in & galvanized out. One question at this point, what's with all the right angles?

The other question is regarding the flex pipe, what's it made of? I haven't seen it in FL, usually to custom fit steel pipe, I have to cut it and thread it. I like the idea of the flex, offers a lot more, shall we say... FLEXIBILITY?

Really nice clean installation, you can be proud of it.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

what type of yield does the well produce ? and for how long ?
Old 09-22-2011, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
Since irrigating with a trash pump is out of my league, my only comment would be galvanized in & galvanized out. One question at this point, what's with all the right angles?

The other question is regarding the flex pipe, what's it made of? I haven't seen it in FL, usually to custom fit steel pipe, I have to cut it and thread it. I like the idea of the flex, offers a lot more, shall we say... FLEXIBILITY?

Really nice clean installation, you can be proud of it.
The right angles I did just so that it's kind of like a swing joint. If things settle and move around I can still get it to line up. The flex is just vinyl suction hose it is reinforced with some kind of webbing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-22-2011, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdirrigation View Post
what type of yield does the well produce ? and for how long ?
I did a quick test and got 16 gpm the max presure it would only build was 25 lbs even with all valves closed. I was running it for atleast an hour today. As I have it set up now it has a manual zone of drip for ten 15' maples and a few copper beeches. Also a main with hosebibs around the property and a feed for the garden.
Posted via Mobile Device