Announcing CENTS 2012 Marketplace
Announcing CENTS 2012 Marketplace:
Where Green Industry Grows
Premier Midwest Central Environmental Nursery Trade Show offers new look, new focus to put the business side of business and the green side of business on equal ground
The Midwest’s largest green industry trade show is rolling out more than a new look in 2012. Building on its reputation as the nation’s premier business-oriented show for the Midwest’s $29 billion green industry, CENTS 2012 has an unprecedented line-up of events, classes and networking opportunities on the docket for its January debut.
“We recognize that our attendees and exhibitors have more competing priorities than ever before, so we’ve designed a very focused show packed with new business, education and networking opportunities,” explained Kevin Thompson, Executive Director for The Ohio Nursery & Landscape Association, which sponsors CENTS. “It’s the right place to kick off the 2012 horticulture season.”
An industry show for industry people, CENTS keys in on tools and resources that provide mission-critical information. From lead generation and operations information to pre-season buying incentives and Short Course educational programs, CENTS creates a high-energy forum where attendees can buy, sell, learn and meet.
Highlights of the 2012 show include:
• January 23-25 2011 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center
• 8,000 expected attendees from the horticulture industry
• Exhibits from the nation’s top green industry businesses
• New expanded business track covering topics such as human resources, marketing, bookkeeping, estate tax laws, business succession, safety and more
• World-class education at The Ohio State University Nursery Short Course featuring tracks for nursery growers, greenhouse growers, landscape contractors, landscape architects and designers, and garden centers, plus tracks about plants, pest management, urban forestry, and turf management. Over 100 sessions!
• The Landscapers’ Challenge, a friendly new competition to turn surprise materials into works of art
• The Growers Energy Solutions Interactive Learning Center for in-person educational programs, introductions of new plants or products, and product demonstrations
• Opening Night Activities and After-Show Events including a new kick-off breakfast, a welcome reception and beer tasting event, an awards ceremony and dessert reception, and a cheese and wine tasting reception
• The new Pink in Green Breakfast for women in the green industry
• National and state association meetings including PLANET, American Nursery & Landscape Association (ANLA), Perennial Plant Association (PPA), and The Ohio Nursery & Landscape Association (ONLA)
• The new Green Industry Exploration Conference for students
• The Career Marketplace, only all-encompassing green industry job fair in the state
• CENTS Hours: Monday, January 23 and Tuesday, January 24, 9a.m.-5p.m.; Wednesday, January 25, 9a.m.-2p.m.
• Cost: CENTS only registration is $10 per person for a three-day pass before January 5 ($15 after January 5 deadline); Short Course registration $125-$185
To register for CENTS 2012 Marketplace, contact Tracie Zody, Trade Show and EventManager for the Ohio Nursery & Landscape Association at email@example.com.
Michael J. Donovan, Sr.