Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-29-2011, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

1st Page On GOOGLE

I published a website for Hansen's Lawn Care (www.hansenslawncare.com) about a month ago, he has reached the first page of GOOGLE with a simple web search for lawn care services...I told him not to be surprised if you get no calls this year since you created your website so late in the season, but everyday he text's or calls about another call or website submission....check it out! "Lawn Care Woodbury MN"
04 Chevy 3500
04 F350 Diesel
4 60" Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48"
3 8'2" Boss V-Plows
Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
20' Enclosed trailer/16' Open trailer
18' Skid Loader Trailer
2012 S185 Bobcat 2-Speed

Old 09-29-2011, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Good job! The site is doing well!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Does he only want work in Woodbury?
I searched Maplewood and couldnt find him. Its easy to get on first page when using Places, its getting found when other areas are searched is the hard part.

Youtube Channel... http://tinyurl.com/l9a3843
Old 09-29-2011, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

@ Mickhippy: Yeah I know..it's really exciting because this area (where his business address is) is notorious for services needed. He will be on many other front pages either this winter or for sure next spring. What's really baffling all the calls he has been getting..I'm not just stating that for GLOATING purposes, because he has been actually throwing jobs my way and me (Ring Lawn Care) his way. I HIGHLY suggested he create a customer-base close to home before he branches out. When he gets so much work he can hire someone & then look to other areas.
04 Chevy 3500
04 F350 Diesel
3 8'2" Boss V-Plows
Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
18' Skid Loader Trailer
2012 S185 Bobcat 2-Speed

Last edited by ringahding; 09-29-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: additional content
Old 09-29-2011, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

If he's getting a lot of calls close to base then thats great!
How is he going to get onto first page in other areas when searched?

Youtube Channel... http://tinyurl.com/l9a3843
Old 10-01-2011, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Yeah but SEO is not a rest on your laurels industry

You should take note of about not easily being found in surrounding areas.

I work as a web developer and Search Engine Optimization is done from the server all the way up into building link back strategies to help gain strength for a website.

Your listing (the one I found) is middle of the pack for the Google Places. Obviously, anytime you land in the listings its a good thing. But also take advantage of Yelp and other solid business directories like City Search. Also Bing has a comparable service that can be utilized. These days people load apps on smartphones, and these kind listing directories short cut traditional search because of it.

Since June 2011, Yahoo, Bing, and Google also decided to work together on additional mark ups that can help search engines understand businesses and web pages better, right down to individual products and price. The site for this collaboration is at http://schema.org

A solid strategy starts with picking out good keywords. Typically with landscaping, landscaping and lawn care are two big ones, with the weakest being lawn care with competitors. So when I do the same search for your site using landscaping instead of lawn care, it becomes a lot harder to find.

People just typically search more with the keyword of landscaping, which is why its more competitive.

Another thing I notice is that there is not a full address listing for the company on the website, and in the long run this will be important to Google. I also saw that at the bottom of your site you have surrounding areas that are targets for your services. A good strategy would be to turn those into links to specific pages optimized for each of those areas. Then you can target those cities with the title tags with something like "City Landscaping and Lawn Care" helping create a strength for those strong keyword searches that look for your services by both a generic landscaping keyword and the city itself.

Also, fully get that Google places profile filled out. Upload the 9 pictures you are entitled, follow through with clients so they are aware of the Places page and can leave reviews.

But it is exciting to see the visibility, just remain vigilant.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:46 AM
LawnSite Member

That is great news! I think that is the ultimate goal for anyone running their site live aside from getting to the number 1 spot. While reaching even the top 20 is already a challenge, you would always want to see your web site landing on one of the top 5 spots so that they are immediately seen when the search results are published. How I wish I could achieve a similar feat.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The population of that town is under 70,000, so that's not too big of a surprise.

It's good news, but not unexpected.

One of the biggest factors these days will be how many websites are saturating a particular area for the same work: whether there are 3 websites, or 40 websites.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 10-09-2011, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Does he only want work in Woodbury?
I searched Maplewood and couldnt find him. Its easy to get on first page when using Places, its getting found when other areas are searched is the hard part.
For now I suggested he get a customer base close to home, but sooner or later he will start showing up in other towns/cities...the site is only 1.5 months old, usually it can take up to 6 months to start showing up in other areas..

Social Media Efforts, Blogging & Flyers have done wonders for my biz..plus we are on the front pages of other areas. Like Woodbury, MN where he is... Depending on the scope of work calls we get for his area, we send em to him and vise versa..Otherwise if the work is too big for us we have another partner with triple the staff that can step in & handle the big-loads.

We share & work together as not to step on each others toes. We do realize the economy is in disarray, but we have plenty of work.
04 Chevy 3500
04 F350 Diesel
3 8'2" Boss V-Plows
Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
18' Skid Loader Trailer
2012 S185 Bobcat 2-Speed

Old 10-17-2011, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zventuro View Post
Also, fully get that Google places profile filled out. Upload the 9 pictures you are entitled, follow through with clients so they are aware of the Places page and can leave reviews.
How long will it take for my site to be listed in Google Places once I finish my places profile? Aren't they supposed to send me something in the mail and all that?

Tags
lawn care , lawn care business