Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-01-2011, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

little wonder is the only company that really engineers their vacs to shred....that extended tongue looks pretty weak to hook a trailer too
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-01-2011, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish i had bought the little wonder unit then. I like little wonder blowers better too, built sturdier.

The hitch was made with 2" solid steel all around, except for the end piece which extense 6" into my truck frame. It was enineered by mayo welding near my house and was rated for a 14k lb trailer to be loaded on it. It better be strong enough! Id hope

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-01-2011, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE-llc View Post
little wonder is the only company that really engineers their vacs to shred....that extended tongue looks pretty weak to hook a trailer too
Posted via Mobile Device
Sorry but i have to agree, I would not put a trailer on that. It looks way to weak.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old oak lawn View Post
Sorry but i have to agree, I would not put a trailer on that. It looks way to weak.
its going to be pulling a 3000lb rig, im not to worried about it to be honest. If it doesnt work out, i can just take my other truck with us doing leaves. If it does workout, it will be a perfect set up.

Its just like this guys set up
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-02-2011, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Behind Little wonder I would go Lesco, I've been around a couple and they seemed to shred damn well. Although I'm not sure if you can get them any more..
Chevy

www.OakwoodLandscapeConcepts.com
Old 10-03-2011, 06:59 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

my guy who sucks up my leeves has that same set up on his small truck
Old 10-03-2011, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Im not quite sure why billy goat is so popular around me. Its honestly all i have seen and thats what influenced my purchase. My dealer praised billy goat and doesnt even have little wonder on the show room.

I hope it works, im going to test it out next week. Buiding the box at the end of the week this week.

Im not sure how am am going to build it yet though, im either going to use plywood and make the box about 5 feet taller than sides(2 feet already) or i am going to use decking good and make it looks really good and reusable. The price is just 200 around for the plywood, or around 500 for the decking wood.

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-03-2011, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

That bed liner in the dump bed might have been a bad move. All your debris is going to stick to it and not slide out.

That and it's a waste of time if you haul a lot of material. I just keep the sides painted up in the bed and throw some cheap graphite paint on the floor before winter to keep my salt sliding out effectively.

Sometimes I just wait for a sheen of rust to start on the floor of the dump and put a rust converter down. That stuff is pretty slick also.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
That bed liner in the dump bed might have been a bad move. All your debris is going to stick to it and not slide out.

That and it's a waste of time if you haul a lot of material. I just keep the sides painted up in the bed and throw some cheap graphite paint on the floor before winter to keep my salt sliding out effectively.

Sometimes I just wait for a sheen of rust to start on the floor of the dump and put a rust converter down. That stuff is pretty slick also.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-03-2011, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post

I actually ordered the bed liner so it didnt come with the rubber pparticles mixed in with the paint. They gave me almost like saw dust to put in it just for the consistency. To make it go on thicker. I had that exact same worry
Posted via Mobile Device