Register free!

Old 12-20-2010, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It make a very coarse spray. Also, it is recommended to be mounted at 48" and they are a little short of that. I tried them out Saturday and no blow back on me. Yes, they are for fence rows and for some steep ditches too steep to drive on. I will not use them when the boom is adequate. Its just another tool for me to save time. I considered mounting them under the side tanks much lower but still protected, but would not do as good of a job for me. I'll try to post a video of their operation.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i get it, nice adaptation!
Old 12-20-2010, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&S Lawn Care View Post
It make a very coarse spray. Also, it is recommended to be mounted at 48" and they are a little short of that. I tried them out Saturday and no blow back on me. Yes, they are for fence rows and for some steep ditches too steep to drive on. I will not use them when the boom is adequate. Its just another tool for me to save time. I considered mounting them under the side tanks much lower but still protected, but would not do as good of a job for me. I'll try to post a video of their operation.
Good deal!

I was just curious as I have never seen anything like that before!

How wide/high does it spray?
Old 12-20-2010, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I have seen the boomless nozzles used around here by farmers in their hay fields. They were mounted with the tank being pulled by a tractor BEHIND the operator. Yes, the spray was coarse but from a distance fine particles could still be seen drifting and these things sprayed 6-8 ft off the ground. Just the right pressure setting might help reduce that some but I would still be concerned with them mounted that high and in FRONT of me. Because of the possibility of drift, places I would consider using it: Soccer/sportsfield(probably) Fencerows and steep inclines I could drive down the ridgeline and spray out one side (probably,depending on exact situation) Someone home lawn (NEVER) JMO from what I've seen in the past

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 12-20-2010, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I made them adjustable up or down to change swath width. They spray straight out about 13-14' @ 30psi. I calibrated them to the same as my boom as far as output and speed .25 per 1000. They provided calculations for any adjustments in mounting height or angle adjustments.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&S Lawn Care View Post
I made them adjustable up or down to change swath width. They spray straight out about 13-14' @ 30psi. I calibrated them to the same as my boom as far as output and speed .25 per 1000. They provided calculations for any adjustments in mounting height or angle adjustments.
I like this its a niffty idea Good luck with it

Charles Cue
Old 10-06-2011, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't get it. The hopper is for fert; the sprayer and nozzles are for herbicide.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Blower holder works great. No need to go back to the truck to get blower. Pull to end of drive get off blow and go
Attached Images

Old 10-07-2011, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

The Dairy you stole that crate from has a warrant out for your arrest for theft of property.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 10-07-2011, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
Blower holder works great. No need to go back to the truck to get blower. Pull to end of drive get off blow and go
How many Frisbees will that hold? Or you could carry a cooler so when a competitor waves because you run a Z you could offer him a beer.

Bob