Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-30-2011, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

flyer pass outs

i know im going to get a can of worms open by asking this but......... have any of you ever gone door to door on a saturday and passed out flyers? around here saturdays are like a regular work day but i know some people dont like to be bothered. but i was planning on trying to find some more work for fall clean up, possible overseeding, and some other work if possible,

2008 Gmc Sierra
2014 Kubota z122 48 in hydrostat mower
2014 tophat 7x14 landscape trailer
fs 90 r trimmer
21 inch troy built self propelled mower
26 in craftsman snowblower
Old 10-05-2011, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Member

a fall clean-up flyer or a general flyer that says everything you do? If your just starting out you should flyer anywhere and everywhere you can on your spare time. It'll get your name out for people too see and start recognize and eventually feel comfortable with.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't see a problem with Saturday at all, just don't show up at 7am.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Member

lol just remember to put your number on them..last fall i pasted out 1000 or so with no calls. i was bagging my next run when i looked at the flyer..no number..lol..i reprinted and hit the same areas. got a couple accounts. one guy when i met with him saw the first fly and told me . lol we just laughed.still a great account..
on letter size paper.design and cut down to size that fits in a sandwish bag.me 6 per page.dollar store has bags 100 for $2. home depot has rocks in a bag. one bag lasts about 1000 flyers. put a flyer a rock in a bag with rock and seal,and put in a big box. i can past out 500 flyers an hr. just driving and tossing on the driveways. get about 1 account per 1000. then its word of mouth and keeping up the flyers.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That may be some of the worst advise you may get from here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-08-2011, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank's Lawn Care View Post
lol just remember to put your number on them..last fall i pasted out 1000 or so with no calls. i was bagging my next run when i looked at the flyer..no number..lol..i reprinted and hit the same areas. got a couple accounts. one guy when i met with him saw the first fly and told me . lol we just laughed.still a great account..
on letter size paper.design and cut down to size that fits in a sandwish bag.me 6 per page.dollar store has bags 100 for $2. home depot has rocks in a bag. one bag lasts about 1000 flyers. put a flyer a rock in a bag with rock and seal,and put in a big box. i can past out 500 flyers an hr. just driving and tossing on the driveways. get about 1 account per 1000. then its word of mouth and keeping up the flyers.
Yes I hate you guys. You need to walk to the door and put the flier on. Your return rate is 1/10th of a percent wow that's stupid low. Door to door sales is stressful and you get yelled at etc. It does work and it works way better than anything else. I usually get upwards of 10-20% on door to door sales in the right areas. (the nicer the area isn't usually the best).