Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-17-2011, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Please help, sprayer not working!

Hello all,

So I wake up this morning ready to get my day started and my tank is not working. The guage is not building any pressure and when I squeeze the trigger nothing comes out. It was working fine as of Thursday. I have a split tank and tried both but still nothing. The only thing I did was clean the filter and from what I can see it is back on properly. All of my valves are open but nothing comes out even after I've let it run a while. What does my problem seem to be? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
A.L.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of system is it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-17-2011, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Does the pump need primed. Please don't laugh at me. I really don't know just throwing out idea's. Is there a valve open or closed. Is the filter on backwards. Clog or pinch in the line (s) I know my electric pump needs to run a while to again build pressure if I let fluid run dry. The best suggestion I have is to start at the beginning and work your way back to the spray end.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

OK another thought. Regulator turned off or down.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't know what kind of system you have but I have the Lesco space saver and it did this back in May. I took off the filter, cleaned it, took off lines, blew water through pump and everything. Finally took it to Graham Lawn Equipment in Douglasville (west of Atlanta) and they figured it out. It was my intake pipe from inside the tank where the teflon tape and threads on the PVC had corroded and it was sucking in more air than water.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

As above, pump may have lost prime...or you may be sucking air because the filter is not con tight or the filter gasket is caught sideways. If the tank is not full--the pump may not self-prime.
I suggest--take the filter off and open valves and let it run out the filter for a few seconds, (catching solution in a bucket and returning it to the tank). If nothing comes out--find out why. If it flows at a high rate, then screw the filter back on loosely, and let the air come bubble out for a few moments so the filter is purged of air and filled with water. Then start pump.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping that my problem was due to air or not putting the filer back on correctly. That was the only thing that I touched prior to it not working. It started working again soon after I posted my message but then it went out. It's back working but I'm trying to nail down the problem so I won't have this inconsistency.