Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-09-2011, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

In the meantime while you're flippin it use it and then you'll never want to go back to an open
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-09-2011, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Dlong, I took your advice and brought my dump trailer up to the local welder. He is going to make me a mount so the loader will blow directly into the leaf box without any extra hoses. Should be ready in the next few days, then I will just have to build the box.

Looks like a nice enclosed. The guy I used to work for had a similar one. His was like 7.5x 16 I think. It was nice having everything right there with you. I am hoping to get a 7x14 or 16 for my self next year.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakwdman View Post
In the meantime while you're flippin it use it and then you'll never want to go back to an open
Posted via Mobile Device
I got it way to cheap not to flip it! haha. Im going to be in it around 800 dollars!!!!!!

If i do get an enclosed, i want to get a trailer with no rivits on the side and a v-nose for a work bench and tools. I would love to get a enclosed though, dont get me wrong.

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-09-2011, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, 550 for that! That's a steal!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro36 View Post
Dlong, I took your advice and brought my dump trailer up to the local welder. He is going to make me a mount so the loader will blow directly into the leaf box without any extra hoses. Should be ready in the next few days, then I will just have to build the box.

Looks like a nice enclosed. The guy I used to work for had a similar one. His was like 7.5x 16 I think. It was nice having everything right there with you. I am hoping to get a 7x14 or 16 for my self next year.
You didnt have to get anything welded, my mount was all wood last year and only cost 10 bucks. I guess metal will be better but put rubber pucks under the loader for anti vibration. I used rubber washing sink plugs from home depot last year, they are about 1/2 thick and around 3" wide, i drilled a hole right in the middle of them and put them between the mount and the loader, the trailer didnt even vibrate with them installed. Not neccisary but very helpful.

I was thinking all these pictures would get more comments. guess my work isnt too great. Haha. More people are interested in equiopment than work on here.

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-10-2011, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
You didnt have to get anything welded, my mount was all wood last year and only cost 10 bucks. I guess metal will be better but put rubber pucks under the loader for anti vibration. I used rubber washing sink plugs from home depot last year, they are about 1/2 thick and around 3" wide, i drilled a hole right in the middle of them and put them between the mount and the loader, the trailer didnt even vibrate with them installed. Not neccisary but very helpful.

I was thinking all these pictures would get more comments. guess my work isnt too great. Haha. More people are interested in equiopment than work on here.
I had to have a mount made up because I needed to have access to the hydraulics on my dump trailer. The loader is attached to the bed and hangs over the box that holds the hydraulics. If I was mounting it on the open trailer I would have no problem but I don't have a dump truck yet, only my dump trailer.

Don't worry. You do nice work. People on here are defiantly more interested in the equipment. Last time I posted work pictures I didn't get many comments.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro36 View Post
I had to have a mount made up because I needed to have access to the hydraulics on my dump trailer. The loader is attached to the bed and hangs over the box that holds the hydraulics. If I was mounting it on the open trailer I would have no problem but I don't have a dump truck yet, only my dump trailer.

Don't worry. You do nice work. People on here are defiantly more interested in the equipment. Last time I posted work pictures I didn't get many comments.
Didnt realize you were putting it on a dump trailer. That definitly was a good idea. Thanks man, hope i helped and hope someone enjoys the pictures. I guess i have to buy more stuff to get noticed on this site. hah

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-20-2011, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
THis is one of the most taken care of properties i have. They water lawn way to much though but there are around 100 different kinds of flowers alone. 30 veggies, 45 different ornamental bushes. Its quite amazing. and for price. This lawn is 430 dollars per month(includes bed weeding twice monthly) But this is around 85 dollars per cut. The smaller ones are 22-25 each
How the hell did you get her at that price, I inherited that lawn at 45 and could only get her up to 47, so we always did a rush job because it wasnt worth the effort at that price and double cutting almost every week. then her bitching about clippings in the beds no matter what we did (chutes were always blocked near beds and we still blew every bed). And she never wanted weeding because she had some creepy hobit that did it for her. No hard feelings, I was gonna drop her if she hadnt dropped me. How much do your guys cry about the whipping there, mine always hated that lawn
Old 10-20-2011, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
its going to be pulling a 3000lb rig, im not to worried about it to be honest. If it doesnt work out, i can just take my other truck with us doing leaves. If it does workout, it will be a perfect set up.

Its just like this guys set up
Hey thats my truck!! HEHE, Formerly K&S I am now KLC, I have other pics ill put of that rig.....
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2011, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Truck out on the street towing.....

Love the walkers, reduce leaves then reduce again through leaf sucker, fits amazing amount
Attached Images