Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-20-2011, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsworth View Post
How the hell did you get her at that price, I inherited that lawn at 45 and could only get her up to 47, so we always did a rush job because it wasnt worth the effort at that price and double cutting almost every week. then her bitching about clippings in the beds no matter what we did (chutes were always blocked near beds and we still blew every bed). And she never wanted weeding because she had some creepy hobit that did it for her. No hard feelings, I was gonna drop her if she hadnt dropped me. How much do your guys cry about the whipping there, mine always hated that lawn
haha. the bitching never stops. The reason i charged 85 per cut was because at the first meeting she wanted no grass clippings in the bed and for that reason only i said i cannot match 47 dollars because i would have to rush through the job. I mulch the whole thing with two 48" turf tracers and mulch plates installed. Then i have to do a whole lap around the property with a bagger, edge the beds each week, and trim like crazy.

THAT HOBBIT LADY IS CREEPY AS ****. She doesnt talk at all, she just stairs and she doesnt leave when we start mowing. I enjoy cutting the lawn overall because i have the time to do it. It usually takes us around 45 minutes each week and im making around 2 dollars a minute. The best part is, i am chargin her for leave clean ups each week(becuase i am bagging the property now, which is 25 dollars more) and every weekend her husband (the highly proclaimed physician and master gardener) gets out their 21" mower and sucks up all the leaves in the front under the large crimson king.

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-20-2011, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC LAWN View Post
Hey thats my truck!! HEHE, Formerly K&S I am now KLC, I have other pics ill put of that rig.....
how do you get the reviever to be not so wobbly, with my loader completely swang open i angles down about 5". Is there anyway to stabilize the hitch in the truck?

Thanks for the innovative idea! It has worked out great so far

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-20-2011, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Pretty much just dealt with it.... I had ideas of ratchet straping each side to the truck, or having wedges made up that i could pound between the receiver and hitch.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I liked looking through your thread! Nice truck, has a nice powerful look to it! You lawns looks good, man! Looking through these thread make me wish I was cutting up north. Grass is to pretty in Oklahoma usually...

Man, nothing stripes like Turf tracers... whew. You're laying down some good looking cuts!
(I'm hoping to get a TT 36" and belt drive but still a TT. )

Have a good one!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC LAWN View Post
Pretty much just dealt with it.... I had ideas of ratchet straping each side to the truck, or having wedges made up that i could pound between the receiver and hitch.
Damn, i was hoping you knew the secret. They deisgn the hitch so it has a bit of a wobble so it doesnt screw up your rear end to bed when your trailer hits bumps in the road. I think i am going to have two hooks welded to each side of my hitchplate/backplate on my dump. Then take two binders and tighten them up really good on either side to reduce the wobble. Or get a second reciever hitch installed and just weld the mount right onto the dump truck or bolt it on somehow. I hate when its not perfect!

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-21-2011, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC.lawn.services View Post
I liked looking through your thread! Nice truck, has a nice powerful look to it! You lawns looks good, man! Looking through these thread make me wish I was cutting up north. Grass is to pretty in Oklahoma usually...

Man, nothing stripes like Turf tracers... whew. You're laying down some good looking cuts!
(I'm hoping to get a TT 36" and belt drive but still a TT. )

Have a good one!
Thanks man, im glad you enjoyed it. I like posting pictures for everyone to view. Im proud of what i do and enjoy it every second. The grass doesnt always look that green, but unlike many companies around me, i raise my decks in late June about .5" to and 1" taller. This help the drought in July and August and the grass stays healthy. On my accounts that are irrigated they are usually always green all year round.

I love my TTHP's, i would recommend a 48" though. 36" are good size for a beginner but once you go to a 48" or 60" you will understand why i am saying this. For every 4 passes with a 36" its 3 passes with a 48". Think about how many passes you do each day. For me, its around 1000. If i used a 36" on my properties it would take me 40% more time to mow them with just that 12". And the price between a 36" and 48" is very minimal!

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-21-2011, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
Damn, i was hoping you knew the secret. They deisgn the hitch so it has a bit of a wobble so it doesnt screw up your rear end to bed when your trailer hits bumps in the road. I think i am going to have two hooks welded to each side of my hitchplate/backplate on my dump. Then take two binders and tighten them up really good on either side to reduce the wobble. Or get a second reciever hitch installed and just weld the mount right onto the dump truck or bolt it on somehow. I hate when its not perfect!
We are quite a bit alike I can tell, nothing drives me nuts more than working with haggard azz stuff... When things are set up as they should be there is no to minimal accidents and breaks and work goes like a well oiled machine.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Member

This was that complete yard about 24000 sf of lawn run through walker before sucker.... big space saver
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2011, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
Did a small cement job today. Two yards in all, about 70 sq feet 6-8inches deep in some spots.

Also, an enclosed i picked up to most likely flip. i bought it on craigslist for 550 dollars. It needed a new tire and 7 pin for the wiring(wiring was all there and all worked fine)

Im going to media blast and powder coat the rims white and power wash and stain or paint the floors inside and im going to try to sell it for 4.5k, this trailer new is around 8k and its a 2008 model. Haulmark 16ft enclosed 8.5' wide. 7ft tall with tool boxes in front and tie downs along the whole floor.
WoW!!! you stole that thing for that price and yeah I don't blame you for flippin it thats alot more money you can use somewhere else!
2005 Polaris Sportsman 800
John Deere Lx279 48 inch
Snapper 21 inch
Stihl FS 55
Stihl FS R85
RedMax EB7001
RedMax EBZ7150
RedMax QREBCZ2650T
RedMax CHTZ2401
Tru vac aerator
Lesco Spreader
Old 10-22-2011, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLAWCARE View Post
WoW!!! you stole that thing for that price and yeah I don't blame you for flippin it thats alot more money you can use somewhere else!
I know. Thats exactly what i thought when i bought it. How can you pass that up. Instead of putting 1000 dollars in a CD for 5 years compounding monthly and making around 120 dollars. I bought a trailer, put a couple hundred into it and just sold it for 4900 dollars. Quintupled my money in one month.

Insured and Licensed