Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-26-2003, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Member

That's what I was getting at. The customer may know what they want, but what they want may not be good for them. If one of your customers says they want their lawn cut to 2" and you will only cut all your customers at 3", then someone has to change their mind. You may tell the customer that it's in their best interest to have it cut to 3", you may name several reasons. One reason may be that you would have to charge more to cut it different than all your other lawns. Chances are the customer will see your point and change their mind as long as you present the proper information in a way they will understand.

On the other hand, if all your customers decided they want to change their cutting height tomorrow and you won't change your standard height, then you lose all your customers.

It's a 2 way street. You need to guide your customers with proper information, but you also need to give them what they want. After all they are the reason we are all in business in the first place.

For instance: If I was building a deck and wanted to build it out of P.T. 2X10's and my local lumber yard said they will only sell 2X8's or 2X12's, I could always go to Home Depot to get my lumber. They will sell me what I want, and will gain a good customer.
www.RobsonIndustries.net