Register free!

Old 10-27-2011, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Member

commercial paver install

I have a commercial contractor wanting me to take on his pavers around the storefront of a gas station. The pavers are standard 4x8 and there are ADA pavers around the hightraffic areas. Are there special install requirements on typical commecial installs. What about dust control? I have been told that osha monitors this? I've installed numerous residential but the sheer size of this one being 2500 sq ft and being on a commercial job concerns me. However i really dont want to pass up work in november when we are typically gearing down. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks,
Old 10-27-2011, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Have you done a ICPI class????? Have you done paver installs??
What dust are you talking about.. The cutting of the block??
Old 10-27-2011, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ICPI is a joke, every lawn jokey in my neck of the woods has every certification under the sun and they are typically the biggest hacks!

To the OP, only you know if this job is in your comfort zone. If it pays good and your comfortable doing it I would go for it. If this gas station is currently open I would cut everything wet because the dust will be an issue.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:48 AM
LawnSite Member

dust from the pavers. this is a new store. we have done approx 8 residential installs from 200sqft to 500 sq ft. looking for feedback on commercial installs. anything i may need to know? i dont have time to do class between now and nov.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrislandscaping View Post
I have a commercial contractor wanting me to take on his pavers around the storefront of a gas station. The pavers are standard 4x8 and there are ADA pavers around the hightraffic areas. Are there special install requirements on typical commecial installs. What about dust control? I have been told that osha monitors this? I've installed numerous residential but the sheer size of this one being 2500 sq ft and being on a commercial job concerns me. However i really dont want to pass up work in november when we are typically gearing down. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks,
Don't forget to check with your insurance agent to make sure you're covered for commercial work before taking this on.

Tags
ada pavers , commercial pavers , paver install , pavers