Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-31-2011, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Member

I still can't believe you can burn in this day in age. Most of the homes in my sub are under 1/3 acre and were on dirt roads. People blow the leaves just past there grass and dowse them in gas and light them up. Its horrible, it smells and it cant be healthy.

But the more I think about it, the more I like the Idea of a new trailer. Warranty, less to mess with and heck good paint.

I didn't clarify my plan 100% I guess. I do plan on putting the vac unit on the tongue, and having it professionally welded, maybe put it on a swing system just in case I need to get in the battery box. But I was thinking about how to haul my push blower. I have one and it would be nice to use, only way to haul it would be to rig up something on the rear.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

What brand is the 23 hp engine I'm suspecting Briggs I ask because some of the giant vac units are compact and others are simply very difficult to work with. The one I mount to the truck we made into a swing away its a 20hp Kohler that's the good part the bad part is its roughly a 3x3 skid which I doubt would fit on the A frame of a trailer. The other pain in the ass is the weight shes 700 pounds and it's quite the nightmare getting that into the hinges on my trucks side wall.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Its a Kholer engine. But now that you mention that, I think it would be to big to tongue mount. I've been looking at a Billy Goat with I think a 16hp motor, cant really tell from the pic. I know bigger is better, but how do these units perform?
Old 10-31-2011, 01:42 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=357638

few mounted pics in here and on page 7 or 8 I even have a few pics of my gmc set up last fall your love the sizes of the trees in the pic as well.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Nice setup, those are about the same size trees around me. That pile is typical of what I produce in my yard. Out of curiosity, what did you charge for that job and what would you charge for pickup only?
Old 10-31-2011, 01:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbieB View Post
I still can't believe you can burn in this day in age. Most of the homes in my sub are under 1/3 acre and were on dirt roads. People blow the leaves just past there grass and dowse them in gas and light them up. Its horrible, it smells and it cant be healthy.

But the more I think about it, the more I like the Idea of a new trailer. Warranty, less to mess with and heck good paint.

I didn't clarify my plan 100% I guess. I do plan on putting the vac unit on the tongue, and having it professionally welded, maybe put it on a swing system just in case I need to get in the battery box. But I was thinking about how to haul my push blower. I have one and it would be nice to use, only way to haul it would be to rig up something on the rear.
oooooh..sorry misread...was in a hurry...dropping in here for breaks from invoicing, lol. I thought the vac was going on the back...I get it now....little cargo carrier back there for the blower.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

That job is over an acre and was about 700 or 800 dollars took about 2 hours to blow the back in or that would of been 3 times worse. Then about 2 more hours to wrap up the front and then vac it all up and cut the place and that was a 4 man crew I think but I may have had my part timer there as well. Lets just say that maxed out that truck quickly and that was a Sunday so I couldn't dump after words luckily I had a 450 dollar dump on site one near by so it was a decent day.

We won't do pick up only we need the truck ready for our own clean ups.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:59 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
oooooh..sorry misread...was in a hurry...dropping in here for breaks from invoicing, lol. I thought the vac was going on the back...I get it now....little cargo carrier back there for the blower.
You too we also spent the day doing the invoicing we will wait till 10 am tomorrow to clean out the P.O. box for any late checks then print the new bills and hopefully get them in the mail for the 1st.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
You too we also spent the day doing the invoicing we will wait till 10 am tomorrow to clean out the P.O. box for any late checks then print the new bills and hopefully get them in the mail for the 1st.
Yup, I'll be doing a PO run too looking for checks. I print the invoices first and just do statements as well for any with outstanding balances...not to get off topic here.