Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-31-2011, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hows everyones marketing going?

Just checking in on to see how everyones marketing is going?...We put out about 10ish lawn signs the past Friday..had a bunch of calls of "how much"?..I gave a base $800 to go..but depends on the size of the house and what not...and a couple calls from service magic..some guys pretty interested and will let me know this week..depending on what the wife wants...I just received my 8.5/11 postcards..wow they are nice...now we just have to put them into 50piece bundles..10k of them....going to try the usps .14 deal...but after doing the bundles we shall see if it's worth it..would you suggest putting the 10k out to 10k different addresses?..I figure I missed the oct 15th mailing so get it out to as many as I can?..cheers..The snow was something this past weekend eh?..haha
Old 10-31-2011, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Member

I would do 2 mailings to the same address's and space them out 4 to 5 weeks.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Booked a small job today off the lawn signs..not bad..i'll take it..3 new ones so far..2 of us put the postcards into 50 a piece bundles...it took about 4hrs. it wasn't to bad....I think I am going to hit 10k different households one shot...so whatever I get I have enough time to get the materials if I need it..I ordered all my stock material yesterday..and we are going to start hanging at the end of next week with what I have leftover from last year.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I would do the 1x also. Get a feel for where the hot spots are then you can drill it down a bit better next time.
I have not advertised yet, hitting November 15th with multiple avenue ads.

Seems late but that is how my area seems to respond. Phone is ringing from referrals and internet leads so far. Sold a few new and have 3 appts so far the next 2 days. A few upsells on existing customers.

We are already installing, though, putting a 2nd crew out thursday after the snow melts a bit more off the roof
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2011, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a guy starting tomorrow putting post cards door to door, looked into the direct to door mailing, looks like a deal, but it is still around the same to go door to door and I can be more selective. Started to get calls from referals and alot of add-ons. Put yard signs up at the houses we did today, and will pull tomorrow. We did 5 on the same street should make an impression with the signs. Only 50 more to go and can hopefully add 15 more.

Elves and Company - Holiday Decorating
Old 11-04-2011, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

good deal...all 10k will be out by this afternoon..I meeting with 4 people today..booked a job this morning...phone has been going nutty..once the postcards hit hopefully I can handle it..lot of tire kickers with the signs but I have been pre-screening them so that is saving time..the site has been quite..im sure everyone is out on full blast..
Old 11-04-2011, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I will start my traditional new sales thread soon, but right now we have 7 new ones, which puts us behind last year, but ahead of 2009 and 2008 I think. I will have to check. all but 2 have come from trucks and referrals. one was from google serach. one from yelow pages. none yet from service magic or website. postcards go out today, I really tried to get them out sooner, but this year was crazy. I am doing 8.5x 14's this year, more of a placemat size, and we'll see if they work similar to the 6x11's I did in the past. I am also doing the post office saturation deal. they allow up to a 12x15 size. may do an 12x15 in the future since the postage is the same.

we are going to space them out over the next 2 weeks, probably sending 1000 per day or so for the next 10- working days.

signs go up tomorrow, and the phone will blow up with useless leads, but some will be sales. we'll see.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Haha ya I have had plenty to useless leads but booked the second one today from them. And have to meet woth a few mome today.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-04-2011, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Got a service magic lead yesterday about 2 hours after I signed up, contacted her and left a msg but have not heard back from her, will see..nothing from christmas light leads yet.
A couple from trucks and referrals, signs going out as I type, all other ads hitting in another week or so.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-06-2011, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

sheesh this weekend was nutty...my answering machine was full all weekend....I met with a bunch of people this weekend....I am thinking about getting an answering service if tihs keeps this up.