Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-26-2011, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
I only run mulching mowers. With that speed are you mulching or discharging on that deck?
I would not be able to tell you for sure. I know I am not running at full throttle but on some larger lawns I have had it damn near it and not experienced a issue with clogging or not leaving a clean cut.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitts lawn care View Post
How munch did it cost if you don't mind me asking cause i have been wanting to compare this to the scag tiger cat.
It was roughly $5k after trading in my Ferris. With the trade in amount of $2K given for the Ferris. Should be able to pick one up for $7200 to $7600 would be my guess with the same set up.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Any updates on mower likes/dislikes? Thinking of a 60" vx4 come spring. Am running 66" xr7 and really hate it. Lots of blower time for clippings up north here.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
Any updates on mower likes/dislikes? Thinking of a 60" vx4 come spring. Am running 66" xr7 and really hate it. Lots of blower time for clippings up north here.
So far I am pretty pleased with it overall.

I had a issue with it a couple weeks in. A small piece of metal was in the fuels way - it took a couple of trips to the dealer to get it narrowed down as it was very funny on how it would happen some of the time but not all the time. It would sound like it was firing on only one and then pop, bang - sounded kind of ghetto for a minute.
The dealer finally figured out the cause and of course it was covered under warranty and really had no down time as it did not affect overall performance to the point were I could not cut.

Since then all is good. I think it does a fine job on cut quality on our turf....the deck discharges clippings rapidly and without much build up even in the early morning dew.

Overall I am impressed with the handling of this machine, the small footprint it has and of course the speed is just fine too.
The only thing I can say bad about it is that it does not ride as smooth as my ferris - but it whoops it in every other catagory.