Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-20-2011, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMADDUX View Post
Nice start. Good to see you getting a Hort. degree. Yeah, I use the same bagger. They fill up to fast and they get thown off occasionally. Good Luck!
Thanks, gotta have the edge on the competition otherwise people think you're a hack. And yeah it does fill up quick but it was way cheaper than the alternative baggers and I couldnt find a pro vac for a price I could afford.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-20-2011, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealcutter View Post
Man I started out the same way you did about 19 years ago with almost the same set up as you, I won at an auction and had that machine for 6 years. And sold the small trailer the next year.

Good luck...
Thanks man. Care to share your setup now?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-26-2011, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Been a pretty busy week/weekend.

Finished up the remainder of my customers Blowouts Saturday morning and from then til 9pm sat and noon to 8pm Sunday a buddy of mine and I did about 14 commercial Blowouts around the metro for another friend of ours that does the maintenance at a bunch of ihops, baker squares, and applebees around the metro.

My buddy's 06 Cummins and the compressor we've been using, older with an International Gas engine in it. Ran bad right away kuz its hardly been used but once we started using it a lot it it ran great. That pic was at a bakers square in south st Paul, only two zones but it took forever kuz we had the wrong fittings for the shut off valve so we had to run to home depot and get the necessary parts.

Later that evening on the way home, yes that is legit and he doesn't have a tune, that's what Cummins get when you keep em at 55-60 mph. A cummins will definitely be my next truck.

This was the last one we did at about 8pm Sunday night, a bakers square in bloomington

Final cuts this week, only took pics at this lawn, had to hustle because on top of mowing we had to finish up more blowouts

Did a wrap around wall and columns in our continued project at school, we will be placing the caps next week.

And to top it off, my hardscapes class teacher brought in his 1300lb pumpkin that he's won a few different contests with this yr as well as sending it to the mn wild meet and great thing this wknd, he's having it carved later this week for that event. he brought it in today because he brought it to an elementary school nearby where he was doing a speech.

Couple blurry shots of me next to it so you can get an idea of its size ...sun was in my eyes

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-09-2011, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Let's keep this on the first page...

Couple pics of a recent clean up. This yard was literally covered and inch deep..was in such a rush upon arrival that I didn't get any before pics.

It was dark when I got done otherwise I would have gotten a picture of my truck loaded to the top with leaves.

Here's some pics if the Target Field tour we took today for my Sports Turf class. I was there for the first time in June for 20 min and the game got rained out and then the make up game in Sept and the twins got destroyed.

Visitor clubhouse

Twins clubhouse - that's just an image of it as its not customary to go into the MLB hometeam's areas

Posted via Mobile Device