Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-07-2011, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

If this thread offends you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheGlove View Post
Agreed. If he were shot to death, the problem would not be the gun, but the person holding the gun. So I see your point.

So I'm mostly bitter against people that are stupid enough to drive drunk. But I'm still a little bitter toward alcohol itself. And I think I have a right to be.
I understand your feelings and you have a right to those feelings, however we did not drive the car that killed your dad. Many of us have a friend or know of someone who was struck by a drunk driver, it's tragic. Nonetheless, life goes on so don't expect the world to conform to your perspective because you have had a bad experience.

I, for one, enjoy a cold brew or two and sometimes three, I make it a point not to drive as do many other responsible adults. Please don't force your abstinence on me, it's a choice you made for yourself, I applaud you for it, it's not mine and apparently not that of others.

If this thread offends you, don't read it.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Having a wife with a good job is key in these next couple of months!! ... this time of year i do a little more kicking back and relaxing, and catch up on my fishing.. i do alot of advertising for pressure washing too which i always do year round. out of the avg 40-50 accts i usually have through out the year i usually hold about 8-10 of them who i have had for years and do eow visits mostly yard maintenance etc. usually by now im down to that,, this year's been a little different i guess since we got alotta rain here in brevard over the last month, but i still have 23 accts all on eow now, and im sure half of them will cancel here in the next few weeks.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Member

i dont do contracts either, id say 90% of my clients are your avg. low-middle income people that just want their lawns looking presentable, and would never go for a contract to where they're stuck paying the lawn co. all year round. But you know what i usually get alot of them back and gain new clients very quickly in the spring, usually by may/june i dont even advertise anymore, i like to keep it simple
Old 11-10-2011, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Member

I brew and drink more beer during the winter. Easier to ferment and stockpile for the warmer months. It's one of very few hobbies that are not too expensive and you actually have something to show for it. Either lots of beer, or a beer gut.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Winter semester is always much easier on school, the work load dies down as it gets closer and closer to handing in the research papers. Instead of beer, my coffee consumption sky rockets this time of year.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:38 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Evergreen:

You are up by Melbourne right?
Old 11-11-2011, 07:38 AM
LawnSite Member

This is when the commercial contracts that many lawnsite members complain about pay huge dividends. The next 4 to 5 months bring in huge revenue for us because we have the time to complete the extra work (mulch, tree trimming, new plant and landscape installs) while keeping the same year round revenue streaming in from the annual maintenance contract. I love the winter