Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-11-2011, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee0914 View Post
Who here does leaf clean-ups for customers before every cut? I currently just blow the beds and walks of leaves onto grassy areas than cut them into the grass. Looks really shitty and just wanna hear what you guys do with your customers?

I was thinking about adding either a weekly or bi-weekly clean-up option? Any opinions?
If you don't have them already you need a decent set of mulching blades like Gators.

I mulch all my customers, the key is to do it on a regular basis, not wait till the end of the season when the leaves are almost a foot high. The grass has stopped growing in my area so all I'm doing now is leaf mulching. Leaf mulch is not made of plastic so it is not litter and will break down over the winter and early spring amending the soil.

The only areas where the mulched leaves are really visible on any of my customers lawns is where the grass is thin or bare. In those areas I either blow the excess onto the more grassy areas of the lawn or I use a leaf collector and pick them up and bag 'em.

If there is a excessive amount of leaves on the property I will mow in a circle open chute and gather up and bag the excess mulched leaves in the center.

Works for me and my customers. A few of my customers would easily be charged up to $1000 or more if they opted for end of season leaf pick-up and removal. Leaf pick-up and removal is very equipment orientated and labor intensive so those prices are well justified.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I do it weekly with the weekly lawn maintenance blow out all beds,walk,patios and drives and blow it into the lawn around the trees to etc..which i then cut the lawn when i am done 99% of the leaves are gone now that i bag before a couple weeks ago i had a cub cadet 33'' and was mulching and it sucked now it works great i am really happy love bagging i plan to from now on and all next season ha got the scag 36'' with the trailer as a package deal.
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 11-22-2011, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Member

I always discuss the upcoming leaf season with customers. I prefer to mulch them by putting Gator blades on my Ferris zero turn and mulching them into powder. I will vac them or tarp and haul if necessary. I come to clean up leaves each week just like mowing.

Tags
bi weekly , clean , customers , leaf , weekly