Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-15-2011, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A+Grounds View Post
they get hard to pull when they need a valve adjust correct? were both in michigan so i would have to imagine we use similar fuel and see a similar amount of leaves in the fall. in you honest unbiased opinion do you think the br600 is really that much better than the ebz8500 in usable air and performance?
I wouldn't say a lot more usable air, but rather, a difference in how it's applied. I don't know what model Stihl the other posted used, but I run them side by side (My Husky, and Stihl) and there's a definate difference between them. The Stihl is a wolf in sheeps clothing. I would be willing to bet good coin that those who don't like Stihl 600's have little time with one in real world conditions, or just assume that they are weaker because of their sound.

My review will be fair and unbiased. I see no need to promote one brand over another just because I may own that one. I could have bought any blower I wanted whe I bought this last one, but I went with the Husky for several reasons that I'll cover in the review. In other words, I'm not particularly brand loyal.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have a lot of tricky spots to blow that make using the wheel blower cumbersome, strenuous and tiring.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
I have a lot of tricky spots to blow that make using the wheel blower cumbersome, strenuous and tiring.
I hear you but you just can't beat a wheeled blower for wet leaves!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjessen View Post
I hear you but you just can't beat a wheeled blower for wet leaves!
It's really hard to argue with that since they are so powerful, but the latest generation of big BP's makes them a lot less useful than they used to be. I have yet to see any wet leaves, even in large number that I can't move handily with either the 600M, or the Husky 570. I used them exclusively this fall for leaf clean ups BTW, so I got a lot of good demo time behind them.

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 11-15-2011 at 07:35 PM. Reason: sp
Old 11-15-2011, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
It's really hard to argue with that since they are so powerful, but the latest generation of big BP's makes them a lot less useful than they used to be. I have yet to see any wet leaves, even in large number that I can't move handily with either the 600M, or the Husky 570. I used them exclusively this fal for leaf clean ups BTW, so I got a lot of good demo time behind them.
Agreed.

With apologies to the original poster I own a 13 hp billygoat wb blower. I think wb blowers would be much more useful if the engine/blower housing was rotated 90 degrees on the frame so that the air discharge came out the front. Then put a swivel "tube" that rotated 180 degrees on the air discharge. May be hard to execute this idea though.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjessen View Post
Agreed.

With apologies to the original poster I own a 13 hp billygoat wb blower. I think wb blowers would be much more useful if the engine/blower housing was rotated 90 degrees on the frame so that the air discharge came out the front. Then put a swivel "tube" that rotated 180 degrees on the air discharge. May be hard to execute this idea though.
That's funny, because I have thought the same thing when looking at some of the new ones lately. I saw a youtube video of a tractor 3 pt mounted unit that did that, and it was sweet.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
That's funny, because I have thought the same thing when looking at some of the new ones lately.
Billygoat now has a blower that mounts on the front of a z. It uses this concept.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I wouldn't say a lot more usable air, but rather, a difference in how it's applied. I don't know what model Stihl the other posted used, but I run them side by side (My Husky, and Stihl) and there's a definate difference between them. The Stihl is a wolf in sheeps clothing. I would be willing to bet good coin that those who don't like Stihl 600's have little time with one in real world conditions, or just assume that they are weaker because of their sound.

My review will be fair and unbiased. I see no need to promote one brand over another just because I may own that one. I could have bought any blower I wanted whe I bought this last one, but I went with the Husky for several reasons that I'll cover in the review. In other words, I'm not particularly brand loyal.
ill be looking out for your review
Shindaiwa T272, M231, EB802
RedMax EBZ8500 EBZ8001
Stihl FS-130
Honda Hrc & Hrx
BillyGoat Force 18hp
Old 11-15-2011, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The redmax holds a bit more @ ~76 oz while the shidy holds ~68 oz but 15 to 20 minutes on a cup of difference??
Old 11-15-2011, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

no plans at present to get an 8500 but if the company continues to grow as we have a need for additional bp blowers I will definitely entertain the 8500. We love everything about the shindy 854 except the fuel usage and it is by far and away the hardest starting piece of equipment I have ever owned.