Register free!

Old 05-19-2003, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

HELP! (what to do now?)

i did what is required and had the property marked for undergruond utilities like always, checked property over gave est.. so on.. well i got started on the pond 30x40 (rough est). as usual, everything happens at the end! hit a drain pipe (water) from the rear of the property, i wasnt to concerned with it at first, just patch it and go... not a chance! this 4" pipe flows out faster than a fire hydrent! i mean fast!!! the drain pipe clears out about 2' of stadning water after each rain. i thought about installing a new section of pipe (one w/o holes) but will the rest of the dirt wash away from further up the pipe since the ground is already disturbed? dig out further and install cement? fill the damm hole up and move it somewhere else? any help/sugestions would help. i have done about 9 ponds, and have never had a problem like this, as i do a pretty good job checking the property before any digging. the owner was just as surprised as i, go figure.. his first words were music to my ears "how much more will this cost me?", he must have been reading my mind as i said to myself, alot!!
Old 05-30-2003, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Member

A four inch drain pipe is no big deal just dig up the whole damn thing and replace it if u want.....rent a mini excavator
Old 05-30-2003, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yah, thats what i did.

i took and rerouted the pipe around the pond and tied in 2 other spouts for the guy at the same time.. he was happy