Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2011, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbor pro View Post
ok - I've gotten two dozen PMs since yesterday from folks asking me what my bottom dollar is for 'everything'. I've PMd everybody back asking folks to simply call me to work out a fair price - but nobody calls. Either folks aren't all that interested and are just window shopping or they're afraid I'm going to somehow pressure them into buying my stuff.

Just call me and let's save all the wasted time sending PMs back and forth with endless results. A phone call is so much faster and personable. I tell you what I'm asking for my equipment, you counter with a crazy-low price, then we BS for awhile about what a stinking mess the democrats have made of the economy and, eventually, we meet somewhere in the middle at a fair price that works for both of us. If we can't meet on a price, no hard feelings and it was nice getting to know you...don't forget to vote republican next november.

see, that's wan't so tough.

scott 605-228-9350

Or you save everyone the time and state what you have to have out of it. I never understood haggling. I personally do not care for it at all. If I am selling something, I know what I have to have for it, and I'll state "price firm". I am not a salesman or a professional buyer and therefore have no desire to spend any more time or energy "negotiating". Some people enjoy that, but I personally think most of us lawn type personalities are no nonsense types that just want to know the price so we can figure out if we can afford it or not. Just my opinion, and may be helpful in your sale. Who knows.

On another note, it looks like a good product, but I personally know I cannot afford it even if I were close enough to buy it. Not because it's too high, but because it is not a priority purchase. Good luck.

"Excellence in Everything"

Tags
dingo , ditch witch , mini skid steer , sk650 , toro