Register free!

Old 11-22-2011, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
That is the beauty of it. We deduct so many things that others can not. From our vehicle, cell phone, hell home phone if that is your office number, a percentage of almost every home expense is able to be deducted in relation to the percentage of the home that is used for business, our work clothes, gas, internet monthly cost, if we need a new CPU.
These are things that others simply can not do.....so while I have overhead....and it is a bad thing....it is also a good thing too. Essentially it is the governments way of rewarding us for being job creators.

In short we get to deduct many everyday cost that we would have anyway...for simply being in business, you think your neighbor would not enjoy not having to pay income tax on what his/her car payment is a year? That is of course if you are not looking to make your income look amazing to someone on paper such as a bank...then these deductions can essentially limit you as well if you have not balanced yourself appropriately, essentially you must pay the piper one way or the other.
Exactly. Put new set of tires and brake pads this year which will be able to be deducted. So yea, it is an expense, but a fully deductible one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2011, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Well i wasnt trying to say i have no overhead. Just putting out to potiential customers that im not like these big corporations that jack up the price. As im also not out to cutthroat anyone as well. I know i am not the most expensive in my area as well as not the most cheapest eaither.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Member

get together to share info/ideas

Hello, this is Dave from Dave's World of Lawns. I would be a part of a forum of local Pinellas County lawn business owners. I too am sole proprietor of my business and looking to expand the business. I'm always sharing thoughts and ideas with my fellow lawn care owners. I can be reached at bestrong00@hotmail.com

Dave
Old 11-26-2011, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hey guys come over to the "Tampa area anyone?" thread. We are all from both sides of the bay.
Posted via Mobile Device