Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-22-2011, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

sending greeting cards out this holiday season

Just and FYI if you are trying to build retention with your customer during the holidays, RND Signs has just added a bunch of greeting and thank you card ideas on their website. Providing a referral offer inside your card could help spread your name this holiday season.

http://www.rndsigns.com/print-greeting-cards.asp
Old 11-22-2011, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have anything industry specific that could compete with http://www.cardscheaper.com/greeting-cards/landscaping/
Old 11-23-2011, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the idea of business related cards but all the ones I see look to cartoony, I would want something a little nicer and more professional looking.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2011, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If one needs to send out holiday (whatever that means) to retain customers, there is much wrong with the business.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just hit the wallmart and get standard cards and mail out every year for about the last 15

60'' Gravely pro-turn 29 hp
60" Exmark lazar 23 hp
48" Snapper pro walk behind 14 hp kawasaki
21" Lawn boy
echo blower trimmers etc.
2005 Ford ranger v 6 4x4
Go O's
Go Raven's
Old 11-25-2011, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't see what's wrong with the "cartoony ones" I could understand if it was going to anyone other than a homeowner, it may not be smart to use those. I saw some of them and I'm pretty sure my customers would get a kick out of those! I am for sure getting some.

Gravely
Scag
Ferris
Echo
Stihl
Old 11-28-2011, 03:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
If one needs to send out holiday (whatever that means) to retain customers, there is much wrong with the business.
How can I say this ... you're wrong lol

Giving Christmas cards to customers is not a sales tactic used to solely retain customers. I use it to further build rapport with customers. I only do this on Christmas and have found all my customers look forward to it.

Just remember, the lawn industry is, as we all know, one of the most oversupplied industries at the moment, even small things like a Christmas card will help you stand out.

Almost all of our operations on LS are small businesses ... small businesses are built on relationships ... you build relationships by getting to know your customer, establishing rapport, providing a valuable service, etc. ... you see where I'm going with this?
Old 11-28-2011, 03:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitelawnteam1 View Post
I don't see what's wrong with the "cartoony ones" I could understand if it was going to anyone other than a homeowner, it may not be smart to use those. I saw some of them and I'm pretty sure my customers would get a kick out of those! I am for sure getting some.
http://www.cardscheaper.com/greeting...ping/sw-00119/

I used those last year. They were the best I could find; unfortunately, now I need to find new ones for this year.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowingMowingMowing View Post

Giving Christmas cards to customers is not a sales tactic used to solely retain customers. I use it to further build rapport with customers. ....
Celebration of Christmas is reserved for the incarnation of the Lord Jesus Christ. Exchange of Christmas greetings is an exchange between parties who share the same belief of the incarnation.

Using Christmas cards as a way of building rapport with customers is to marginalize the meaning of Christmas. If you wish to use the idea to be a witness to the gospel that is important to you, that is great. The time is ripe for being a strong witness. But, to use the event as a way to promote business is to misconstrue the meaning of Christmas. Remember, the gospel is an offense to the non-believer. And, Christmas is inextricably related to the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Do you send out cards for celebration of Wiccan events? ... for events related to Hinduism?

There are plenty of ways to build rapport with customers, and to do so is a wonderful thing. But, such actions need not be associated with the celebration of Christmas.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Wow just wow
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
advertisement , card , grass , greeting , rnd