Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-28-2011, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I went to the Hallmark store and got couple box's of a card I liked and took the home and used Microsoft Publisher to customize them.
Attached Images

Ducke's Lawn Care.
and Now
Ducke's Seasonal Decor.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I was thinking about sending out cards but only need about 50 or so and don't want to have a printer do an order that small. Do any of you guys just hand write your company name on them? Seems kinda unprofessional to me.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

we made our own card last year with this photo...
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2011, 02:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Celebration of Christmas is reserved for the incarnation of the Lord Jesus Christ. Exchange of Christmas greetings is an exchange between parties who share the same belief of the incarnation.

Using Christmas cards as a way of building rapport with customers is to marginalize the meaning of Christmas. If you wish to use the idea to be a witness to the gospel that is important to you, that is great. The time is ripe for being a strong witness. But, to use the event as a way to promote business is to misconstrue the meaning of Christmas. Remember, the gospel is an offense to the non-believer. And, Christmas is inextricably related to the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Do you send out cards for celebration of Wiccan events? ... for events related to Hinduism?

There are plenty of ways to build rapport with customers, and to do so is a wonderful thing. But, such actions need not be associated with the celebration of Christmas.
Perhaps I didn't come across as I intended.

I was just pointing out that I don't use Christmas cards as a way to retain customers. I truly enjoy the holiday and meeting briefly with all of the customers. Regarding rapport, I didn't mean it on solely a business level, I enjoy interacting and catching up with the customers during this time as well. A good amount of my customers are elderly and/or widowed, so just having someone stop by and give them something and talk with them makes their day.

I am a Christian, but just choose not to try and push any of my beliefs on people, I let them decide on their own terms.

I've yet to run into a customer that doesn't celebrate Christmas, most are either elderly or middle aged families. This is also why I had not put any thought into the Wiccan reference.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:34 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I would be worried about sending cards to people that dont celebrate christmas. I dont have a religion box when people sign up for service
Old 11-29-2011, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowingMowingMowing View Post
Perhaps I didn't come across as I intended.

I was just pointing out that I don't use Christmas cards as a way to retain customers. I truly enjoy the holiday and meeting briefly with all of the customers. Regarding rapport, I didn't mean it on solely a business level, I enjoy interacting and catching up with the customers during this time as well. A good amount of my customers are elderly and/or widowed, so just having someone stop by and give them something and talk with them makes their day.

I am a Christian, but just choose not to try and push any of my beliefs on people, I let them decide on their own terms.

I've yet to run into a customer that doesn't celebrate Christmas, most are either elderly or middle aged families. This is also why I had not put any thought into the Wiccan reference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
I would be worried about sending cards to people that dont celebrate christmas. I dont have a religion box when people sign up for service
I am Canadian and I celebrate Christmas that is what the majority of us in Canada do. I am not forcing anything on anyone I am just celebrating my beliefs. If you don't want to celebrate Christmas that is fine but NO ONE has the right to stop me or anyone else from celebrating when and or how we choose.I am not a overly religious person, I find people that spout the Bible every time they open their mouth are just pompous bores and are the major problem in this world, Believe what you will but keep the preaching to yourself and enjoy life and LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR.
If any of my customers feel they need to say something to me about it .........well I don't need them as a customer that bad.
Its not that I'm against anyone else I believe if they want to celebrate their way I will support their right to do it and I believe most think the same way.
Sorry for the rant but This whole Happy Holidays vs Merry Christmas is a load.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Ducke's Lawn Care.
and Now
Ducke's Seasonal Decor.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would send out something generic like "Season's Greetings" or "Happy Holidays"...nothing with any religious tone to it at all.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Member

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with sending out Christmas cards to customers (assuming they're Christian). I would, however, avoid being commercial at all costs. Having your brand name associated with the card is enough.

What's wrong with sending out Christmas cards? My vet sends birthday cards for my dog and I appreciate that silly gesture.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I just send out calanders instead.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Member

I used to send greeting cards when I was in the real estate business. and it definitley helped. Sure, many people just threw them out - but if it gets you one or two clients it more than pays for itself.

Tags
advertisement , card , grass , greeting , rnd