Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-29-2011, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I don't care what or if my customers celebrate Christmas......I do!.....therefore they get Merry Christmas cards.........

Its never been a problem.......and there is no law against oooffffeeeeeennnnddddiiinng anyone!

I am so tired of this "I would be concerned about people who don't celebrate Christmas" crap......

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.' - Barack Obama
Old 11-29-2011, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM Ventures View Post
I don't care what or if my customers celebrate Christmas......I do!.....therefore they get Merry Christmas cards.........

Its never been a problem.......and there is no law against oooffffeeeeeennnnddddiiinng anyone!

I am so tired of this "I would be concerned about people who don't celebrate Christmas" crap......

you have to remember, some people like to make more out of this than what it is.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducke View Post
I am Canadian and I celebrate Christmas that is what the majority of us in Canada do. I am not forcing anything on anyone I am just celebrating my beliefs. If you don't want to celebrate Christmas that is fine but NO ONE has the right to stop me or anyone else from celebrating when and or how we choose.I am not a overly religious person, I find people that spout the Bible every time they open their mouth are just pompous bores and are the major problem in this world, Believe what you will but keep the preaching to yourself and enjoy life and LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR.
If any of my customers feel they need to say something to me about it .........well I don't need them as a customer that bad.
Its not that I'm against anyone else I believe if they want to celebrate their way I will support their right to do it and I believe most think the same way.
Sorry for the rant but This whole Happy Holidays vs Merry Christmas is a load.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
you have to remember, some people like to make more out of this than what it is.
The reason why we would do it is for the purpose of a good will gesture to our customers. Some of you might be out spreading the word and going door to door christmas caroling and professing your love for the lord but that isn't why we would do it.

For me it's business and that's it. I would feel like it's a nice gesture if it was sent to me. I am not sure if some people would. Do I care what they think? You bet your a$$ I do. People spend a lot of money with us and I feel like if even 5-10 customers might look at it and have adverse feelings about it then I'm not going to do it. The people who would/could be offended by this have one thing in common with me and every customer I have....the same green money. I am in business to make money, it is a service industry, you have to keep customers happy. I could give two sh$ts about christmas myself, I always give out more than I receive and despite the old saying, it isn't better.

That being said I may do the seasons greetings thing this year.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

I agree 110%.
what next ????
Can't fly your Countries Flag because it might offend your neighbour.

Just an example: If I go to India I don't go into a restaurant demanding a BEEF Burger or go around Dubai drinking BEER its just common sense "When in Rome do as the Romans do".
I'm just tired of having to bend over and take it up the @$$ by every frigging
idiot that come's here from some god awful dessert country. If you don't like it where you are do something about it, but don't come here to where I am happily living and try to change the way I live.

Once again sorry for the Rant but this just makes my blood boil.

Ducke's Lawn Care.
and Now
Ducke's Seasonal Decor.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

This is all part of the wussification of this country. Would I care if I received a "Happy Hanukkah" card....no.......no and no.

I see story after story about businesses that drop the PC crap and their business booms.............that is the route I take. If you are offended by something like a Christmas Card then I can live without your money and without you. You will not survive when it really counts....

Oh I carry a concealed weapon as well...............does that offend you???

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.' - Barack Obama
Old 11-30-2011, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Would you send someone a Happy Birthday card because it's YOUR birthday? LOL
Old 11-30-2011, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducke View Post
I agree 110%.
what next ????
Can't fly your Countries Flag because it might offend your neighbour.

Just an example: If I go to India I don't go into a restaurant demanding a BEEF Burger or go around Dubai drinking BEER its just common sense "When in Rome do as the Romans do".
I'm just tired of having to bend over and take it up the @$$ by every frigging
idiot that come's here from some god awful dessert country. If you don't like it where you are do something about it, but don't come here to where I am happily living and try to change the way I live.

Once again sorry for the Rant but this just makes my blood boil.
Quote:
This is all part of the wussification of this country. Would I care if I received a "Happy Hanukkah" card....no.......no and no.

I see story after story about businesses that drop the PC crap and their business booms.............that is the route I take. If you are offended by something like a Christmas Card then I can live without your money and without you. You will not survive when it really counts....

Oh I carry a concealed weapon as well...............does that offend you???
Just to be clear...nothing offends ME. I am not trying to change the world here, I am trying to make a living. I do what is in the best interest of the company. I think it's ridiculous that people give a sh$t about it, but I think some do. Happy hanakuh, festivus or anything else. I'm just not gonna send cards that I feel could be offensive.

You guys want to change the world and don't care if you offend people that believe differently...honestly, good for you! I love it. I bend over backwards for our customers. All I really care about is doing quality work and the bottom line on my tax return...if that means holding back on "christmas" cards, then that's what I'll do. If you dont need the money...I'll take it. Can you ever have too much?
Old 11-30-2011, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

There are a lot of things more important than money.......

I am not trying to change the world.....I just refuse to not be me
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-30-2011, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I send Holiday cards to all my customers if I think a Christmas could in anyway possibly be offensive I send seasons greeting card.

60'' Gravely pro-turn 29 hp
60" Exmark lazar 23 hp
48" Snapper pro walk behind 14 hp kawasaki
21" Lawn boy
echo blower trimmers etc.
2005 Ford ranger v 6 4x4
Go O's
Go Raven's
Old 11-30-2011, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

A
Quote: