Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-03-2011, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Member

ive been quoted 1500 and up, they took off 400 so it brought it down to 1600
Old 12-03-2011, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

got mine done for 1k. it includes design and a good google ranking.

Here's mine...
http://earthnturfohio.com/site/

Worked on by...
http://www.chusco.net/
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Old 12-03-2011, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My guy does them for $1k. Seo for $400 per month for 6 months which will get you first page on Google for 5 keywords.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-03-2011, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Member

they said the site is built with seo in it witch should get me top search results for the areas im trying to work in. we will see i guess. Thats why I went with the standard package, the two cheaper ones werent built like that.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have to agree. Then it is $ 21.95 a month for hosting and I think I saw that SEO including keywords, descritption and titles were extra which should be standard with anyone. To me it is pricy and looking at the sites they have done it is not anything specail.

As much as I believe in the benefits of a web site I think most would do better passing that company up. Just too little for too much. I think I am in the wrong business.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboguy View Post
I have to agree. Then it is $ 21.95 a month for hosting and I think I saw that SEO including keywords, descritption and titles were extra which should be standard with anyone. To me it is pricy and looking at the sites they have done it is not anything specail.

As much as I believe in the benefits of a web site I think most would do better passing that company up. Just too little for too much. I think I am in the wrong business.
for the lower packages the seo was extra, it is included with me. Do you guys have any suggestions to where to go? I can always get my money back i have not sent back the contract yet. but I want to be able to add the job scheduler, Plant guide and have the arial calculator on my site. Did you look at some of the websites they have made? I thought they were nicely made for the most part.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Their sites look fine. Nothing wrong with them at all. They look decent. As far as the basic site I do think someone could do as well for a lot less money.

I do think that some of the add on's they have may make it a decent choice. I do like the lot calculator. That was pretty cool. The plant guide looks like a nice plus. Those are things I don't see on many sites and will make yours stand out. I didn't look at the scheduler but that is probably nice as well.

It is pricy but will generate enough business for you to pay for itself many times over. Go for it. You won't regret it.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How important is it to have multiple websites?
Old 12-15-2011, 06:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Depending on your geo location, your existing competitors and your current customer base, having multiple websites can mean "make it or break it" or allow you to "dominate" that geographic market. Although appearing in the local business listings on a Google search is an absolute, it's not the complete picture in my opinion. There's nothing wrong with dominating the "virtual real-estate market" and advertising as long as you keep it above board.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlawn View Post
Ok so I broke down and put a deposit down for them to start the design process. They said it usually takes around 30 to 40 days to complete depending on how long it takes me to get them the information and so fourth.
I build some for some of my friends in different industries. Check out www.howardcompanyrestoration.com.