Register free!

Old 07-09-2008, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

have that same attachment as the previous poster. The thing is great. Fold up out of the way with the flick of your workboot to put it up and then just pull up and push it down to stand. Never gets in the way. The best part is you can comfortablly place two guys on the stand to lift heavy objects (pallets, boulders, etc.)...not that we would ever do that!!
Old 07-12-2008, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I can readily find info on loader pin height for loading trucks and such, but I can not find out what kind of loader reach you can get? Does anyone know what the reach at max height is for some of these units? I think a 4 n 1 bucket may be the ticket, but if it has no reach, that does not help much. I would not be suprised if the dingo had trouble loading a non-deckover dump trailer with two foot sides?

Thanks
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.” - Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-13-2008, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I don't know about a sing but but we can almost load our f450 dump with 30" sides. I doubt is a lowboy dump trailer would a problem.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Didn't read any of the replies. But I have decent experience with both the Dingos and the Bobcats. We stopped using the Dingo a few years back and now we just use the Bobcat MT55 exclusively. Love that machine.

The disadvantages you mentioned with the Dingo are the same ones that bothered me. Only thing I'd add is the Dingo is about 50% LOUDER than the bobcat. My neighbor rented a Dingo a year ago. I never realized how damn loud those things were! Freakin' guy (we're friends) woke me up at 7:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning. I went over to my shop and got the Bobcat MT55 we were leasing, and brought it over to him and said, "Go return that thing. Here - use this." And went back home to take a nap. The noise coming from next door was much less annoying after he returned the Dingo.

They're also durable as heck (Bobcat). Awesome machines.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon
Old 07-14-2008, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLewis View Post
Didn't read any of the replies. But I have decent experience with both the Dingos and the Bobcats. We stopped using the Dingo a few years back and now we just use the Bobcat MT55 exclusively. Love that machine.

The disadvantages you mentioned with the Dingo are the same ones that bothered me. Only thing I'd add is the Dingo is about 50% LOUDER than the bobcat. My neighbor rented a Dingo a year ago. I never realized how damn loud those things were! Freakin' guy (we're friends) woke me up at 7:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning. I went over to my shop and got the Bobcat MT55 we were leasing, and brought it over to him and said, "Go return that thing. Here - use this." And went back home to take a nap. The noise coming from next door was much less annoying after he returned the Dingo.

They're also durable as heck (Bobcat). Awesome machines.
What type of dingo did you have?
Old 07-15-2008, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Bobcat

I have run both and both the MT55 and the Toro DIngo TX525 and both have the 25hp Kubota engines in them and one is just as loud as the other.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry, JRDean is right. I was wrong. We have been leasing the Bobcat MT52, not the MT55. The MT52 has a 20% smaller engine than the MT55 and I think the Dingo. That might be the reason the engine doesn't sound as noisy.

The Dingo we had leased for a while was the TX425 I think.

They're both pretty good. We just prefer the bobcats.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon
Old 12-07-2011, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Member

i read your post from 2008 about putting a tiller on to your mini skid. Did you ever do it? i have a 3 point hitch tiller and was thinking if i could fabricate something to make it work. Wondering if the auger powerhead could be rigged to work. Let me know how you made out
Old 02-16-2012, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Member

if you really want a great mini you need a ditch witch SK650......way better than bobcat or dingo....ive ran them all and i bought the DW
Old 02-18-2012, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by landscapesolutionsllc View Post
if you really want a great mini you need a ditch witch SK650......way better than bobcat or dingo....ive ran them all and i bought the DW
Watch out though, Vermeer has stepped up and now is in line with the SK650 with the S650TX and and S800TX.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.