Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-06-2011, 12:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl BR320 blower HELP

I have a STIHL BR320 blower that was running great until recently, now i can't get it to start to save my life!
It's not firing at all... It will flood until the plug is soaking wet and gas enters both the air box as well as the muffler.

I've rebuilt the carburetor, put new fuel lines, new fuel filter, new air filter, new spark plug(s).. etc

The carburetor is a WALBRO HD 13B

Can anyone tell me what could be causing this issue ???
Old 12-06-2011, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You said yourself that the carb is flooding, either your rebuild is not correct or the seat is worn in your carb. Replace the carb blow out the plug and cylinder don't choke it on the next start up and hold full throttle while you pull the recoil to help clear any additional fuel. Good luck let us know how it goes....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-06-2011, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

If its flooded,either turn in the high and low jets all the way or pinch off the fuel line.
Pull the rope until it starts. If it doesn't start, you may have a spark issue.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-09-2011, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

They all flood and the older they get the worse it is. I got one that I have to pull the rope about 5 times with it turned off, then turn it on and it will start. If I turn it on and put it in choke the unit will flood itself to the point that I will have to pull it 20 times in off. What gets me is when I walk up to the unit to start and open the gas cap it always has pressure built up even when it sits all nite and temp near freezing I have yet to get a good answer on where the heck is the breather device for the gas tank
But I got several of these things and they keep on running. I never have even tried to rebuild a carb since I know the new units flood as well.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
They all flood and the older they get the worse it is. I got one that I have to pull the rope about 5 times with it turned off, then turn it on and it will start. If I turn it on and put it in choke the unit will flood itself to the point that I will have to pull it 20 times in off. What gets me is when I walk up to the unit to start and open the gas cap it always has pressure built up even when it sits all nite and temp near freezing I have yet to get a good answer on where the heck is the breather device for the gas tank
But I got several of these things and they keep on running. I never have even tried to rebuild a carb since I know the new units flood as well.
isn't the breather usually a vent in the gas cap??
Old 12-11-2011, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubotaorange View Post
isn't the breather usually a vent in the gas cap??
I don't know that is the question? I know Echo has the little white thingee that lets air in and much to my surprise lets air out to