Old 12-09-2011, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Anything ECHO hands down.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Member

weedeater choices. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Dawg View Post
I'm looking at next year buying a new trimmer (seeing as my current one is a echo Gt 2200 curved shaft that has had a lot of use.) I'm looking at buying a good quality trimmer that I will get years out of. I will be mostly doing standard trimming around beds, sidewalk, and so-on. however would like enough power to go through tough weeds if need be. Im looking at

Stihl FS 90r
Echo srm 265
Red Max BCZ2460s
Shindaiwa T242.

I like the echo because of the luck with the 2200 i have, the warranty, and the dealer support. However I like the red max because i have used a red max a couple of times and the same dealer that sells the echo sells red max as well. I like the stihl because it has less emissions, but it looks uncomfortable. I'm so confused . Any advice would be most helpful!
I use Marayama and Stihl the Marayamas I bought because they come with a 5yr commercial warranty I have only had one problem and I think it was from a helper using it, but they fixed it anyway no cost. so I have gotten 3 years out of it. like most will tell you, you will get 100's of different answers because everyone has had different experiences and it is ususally the last bad experience they remember. just buy from a reputable dealer that has good standing in your area and you should be fine.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Echo Srm 265 semms like a nice trimmer i use a 261 and it is great..maybe my next trimmer
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 12-11-2011, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I used to run all Echo trimmers and blowers. The older ones were great, but something happened with the quality over the last 2 years. I will never buy Echo again! Tried Redmax love the blowers and the trimmers were great too until I started having carb problems with them! It was in the shop three different times the first year I had it. Going to try Kawasaki next for trimmers. But, will stick with the Redmax blowers for now.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would recommend http://www.dolmarpowerproducts.com/p...699/index.html I have the 25cc model. I absolutely love this trimmer. Its 4 stroke with oil injection so you can run the trimmer upside down without a problem. It hardly uses fuel. I fill it twice a day if I am running it a lot, but normally its once a day. No mixing fuels, starts first full most of the time. The only thing is that you don't want it to sit upside down while its off because the oil will go to the head, but the dealer says the motor will run for 1000 hrs with no problem. The first maintenance on it is at 250 hrs for a valve adjustment, but he said he doubts if I will ever need to have it done. The 25cc trimmer has way more power than a fs 90 and its super quiet. The 25cc is right at $350. I got speed feed on it. This trimmer should last no less than 5 years for me. I am expecting about 10. It runs super cool too on hot days.