Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-07-2011, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well I guess he didn't make it after all. Here are some quotes from his last posts, and the final post was in this same thread. Thought that last one was funny also. Looks like he sold out and moved to Texas.

davis45
LawnSite Senior Member Join Date: Oct 2007

Quote: Originally Posted by Junior M
can you tell us what your doing now?

Build scaffold systems, pipe fitting and welding for a contractor through ADM. It's a secure job and I absolutely love it there.

Dodge Cummins - Hustler - Toro - Stihl

08-2011, 05:43 PM
davis45

I am waiting awhile before I seperate anything. Id love to sell it as a package. Yes I am done with this business. Need the money, my ex took alot from me.

08-12-2011, 05:48 PM
davis45

Quote: Originally Posted by whosedog
We must have details,about the problems,now that you have our attention.You can tell us; our lips are sealed...Make something up if it's not exciting enough!

One of my 23 year old twins is an OTR trucker in training with Swift;he travels to Texas a lot. He says it's hotter than heck down there and all the rivers are dried up gullies,cattle are being slaughtered at a loss, because ranchers have nothing to feed them.There is no rain in sight because of el nino.

You're picking a bad time to go there unless you're a rainmaker or want to work in a slaughter house.Do you honestly think that the daily grind in Texas is any different from any other place?

Not here for advice really. Im here looking for a job.

08-26-2011, 11:03 PM
MCC LAWN CARE
LawnSite Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2010

Say away! This is the worse possible time to come down. I cannot even pay the bills because of lack of work! Most grass is dead...the irrigated stuff is not that great either. Wish I was a licenced irrigator right now! However, the leaf season here will rival the Northeast...I am already bagging once a week in crucial areas (i.e. around a/c units) etc.
Plus...there is 50+ crews in my town of 75,000...way too many guys not enough work. :laugh

Mike

[SIZE="2"]Military lawns giving advice but yet he works as a conductor.[/SIZE]

08, 03:32 PM
Military Lawns
LawnSite Senior Member Join Date: Nov 2006

Freight Conductor
I work for CSX as a Freight Conductor.
2007 EverRide Warrior 54" Deck w/25 HP Kawasaki
2007 Toro 36" Turbo Force, T-Bar/15 HP Kawasaki
2005 Toro Proline 48" Float Deck w/15 HP Kawasaki
Few Echo and Sthil Handhelds and Backpack Blowers

Matthew 6:33, "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well"

Lawn Sharks hasn't been seen in years so who knows if he is still around. I doubt it.

This is too funny, this is one of Song Birds last posts. Check it out $20 an hour, but then does 3 hours of work with her and her husband for $42. Hell even the guy she's doing the work for felt bad and paid them $60.

This guy...siklid1066... hasn't been seen since 2008. I wonder if he is still in business. I doubt it since his next to last post was.

Who is making less money
How is the 2008 season for most.I had the work,but my income is less.The cost to operate this year was very high.

Got to luv it. One more thing........Wait for it.......you know whats coming.

Dave...
Old 12-15-2011, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis45 View Post
I've been agrivated lately from people saying you can not make a living at this. Now let me say I am still young, 19, will be 20 in June. I have a nice little income to give me a small apartment, nice truck and equipment but I will not make enough to support a family, years down the road.

What kind of net income are some of you guys getting with 2-5 employees? Also, what kind of work do you offer? Right now I'm mostly mowing/shurb trimming/tree service etc. with some mulch jobs and build a garden wall/retaining wall on occasion. I'm a licensed pesticide applicator and I'm just trying to figure out where i'm going from here, or what to expect.
PROMOTE PROMOTE PROMOTE your business...the internet has all kinds of FREE avenues..you just gotta look! And never under-estimate the people you know or bump into, they are potential customers..Go shake hands with other LCO's or other businesses in your community. We are heading into our 10th season, yes sir there has been UPS & there has been DOWNS....just like our economy!
04 Chevy 3500
04 F350 Diesel
3 60" Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48"
3 8'2" Boss V-Plows
Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
20' Enclosed trailer/16' Open trailer
18' Skid Loader Trailer
2012 S185 Bobcat 2-Speed