LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboawd View Post
more reason to buy
Ageed! Real men don't rent tools!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-17-2011, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

FYI, Find a used piece with low hours and buy it ASAP. The light at the end of the tunnel LOOKS like this.. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for new equipment.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SellingIron View Post
FYI, Find a used piece with low hours and buy it ASAP. The light at the end of the tunnel LOOKS like this.. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for new equipment.
I think you're spot on. It's going to be ugly with all the double digit price increases coming in 2012 due to Tier IV and consolidations like this.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-18-2011, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't see a downside for me personally. All this means is more selection of the equipment and tools I can borrow at no charge........sounds like a good deal to me.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

To me there are tools we rent from rsc - there closer. But there are more times than not that those tools are elsewhere around the globe. Then we go rent at the smaller yards - where we get raped but at least they have the equipment. Closest URental is about an hour away - deleiver of lifts etc get alittle steep.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Honestly Ill be glad to see RSC leave our area, We have Sunbelt Rentals & Noonans just ask rentals between those two I havent stepped a foot into RSC When I first started I rented equipment for about 3 months little over $12k worth always had fat stacks of cash paid in advance for everything, they just aren't very customer caring, They wanted to charge extra for every little thing like a scratch on a backhoe, I was digging out a large tree stump was just a little up hill when it came loose and rolled back and hit the rear glass, I offered to pay for damages then RSC put the order on the glass then tried to mark it up like $800 plus the labor to install. I went to same place they ordered the glass from got the price and had to confront them and argue with them that I wasnt paying anymore than cost, My INS wouldnt cover it and the ins I purchased through them wouldnt either. Keven the manager at the time is a real ass, I hope they read this lol

04 duramax crew cab w/flatbed

21", 33" WB, Trimmer & blower let the lowballing begin yes I have chainsaws big & small, polesaws & more..... if it's orange & white it turns me on

Landscaping Design, Installing both Hard & Softscapes
Old 12-19-2011, 01:52 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

The south Austin RSC is great. They have rented me a T190 multiple times for the same price as a wheeled loader. The insurance covers things like theft or an accident on the road but not operator error.

I once saw a Skytrac with a 50' boom at a Sunbelt totally ruined from a renter trying to lift something they shouldn't. That repair bill must have been at least $25,000 for an entire new boom. Possibly $50,000.

I used to know the sales guy at Sunbelt here and he gave me good deals. I once got a skid steer rental for free on the weekend. Then the guy got promoted to store manager and all my deals stopped. The Sunbelt prices here are all higher then RSC and the equipment fleet tends to be older. I have had issues with Sunbelt equipment several times.

Years ago Nations Rent and Sunbelt merged so I guess consolidation is a way of life.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/