Register free!

Old 12-18-2011, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I've always thought Little Wonder would eventually have one since they are so heavy into the electric market.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric E View Post
Try some PGR's
I have not tried these yet. Something about them scares me How healthy can it be to stunt the growth of a plant on purpose?

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 12-18-2011, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I use Cutless on some stuff. I've noticed it works better on some things than others. It worked really well on viburnum.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
I have not tried these yet. Something about them scares me How healthy can it be to stunt the growth of a plant on purpose?
Used correctly, PGR's can save you a lot of time during the peak of the season. We use a combination of cutless, atrimic, and embark. It take some time testing to see what works best.
Start using them in the spring. we only trim about every 4 weeks, maybe 6 or 8 sometimes.

After about a year of using them. The plant become very compact. If you use to much the plant can turn brown and defoliate. As far as health goes. If you quit using them. The plant will have a lot of full growth and seems very healthy.

Overall it saves you fert. and you can lower the amount of irrigation. When you do trim there is less debris. The time you save you can move on to the next job. To us this is the biggest benefit.

We do not use a battery trimmer. however we do use a manual hedge trimmer for touch ups.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We use a battery trimmer, B&D 18 volt, as well as manual hedge trimmer for touch ups, and small hedge jobs. Battery life is great, and we have a few batteries, as it's the same as all the other cordless tools we have in the shop. Not very often we use the gas trimmer to be honest.