Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-20-2011, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sheffield has been very good for me until last month I was a few days late with the payment and they called acting like I was a criminal. This after years of on time payments.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-20-2011, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I has Verizon do that to me. It's a phone bill, but still has to be paid. I was 3 days late and shut my phones and internet off. Guy was all arrogant. Tried telling him we just a 5 week early baby and she had to be put in Rochester because her lungs were not developed fully. Yes o am going to stop dead in my tracks to make sure its paid. **** happens. Got a superviser to turn them on and wave there 15 per line rehook fee.

Like I said before. On the same day Sheffield denied me, ge gave me money. This happened twice. I think of ge were to get in there, more scags would be sold.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-20-2011, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Member

I financed my trailer through Sheffield, they want 40 payments over the next 40 months or what not. Im going to pay it down in 6 and be done with it. But what really got me about them, is for online payments they want a flat $10 fee. If I payed every payment online on their payment terms, that's 400 bucks they charge you to get their money faster. Insane. Ive never seen an online payment fee so high before... a lot of places dont even charge, they want their money faster, no check handling, no postage etc.

Just wanted to gripe about their online fee. Thats all.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I financed through Sheffield. I was approved in minutes with an 805 credit score. I pay through Bill Pay with my bank and it's transferred over the next day or two. Easy as pie for me.

Doug
Old 12-21-2011, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Online bill pay would be nice. The good ole country boy bank I use just got debit cards a year ago. I do the lawn at their locations so I will just have to wait till they get it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-27-2011, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
Here is the link to their website with the details.

http://scag.com/2012_scag_spring_promos.html

Looks pretty good. Besides the 0% for 48 months they have "buy a Turf Tiger or Cheetah and get a walkbehind at fleet pricing (up to 20% off)", fleet price on a single Vride (up to 20% off), and the Pro V pricing.

So there are deals for the guys without great credit. I may buy another Turf Tiger with the 0% for 48 months if I can get fleet pricing with it (I'm eligable for fleet). Otherwise I'm going to wait one more year.
So do you think that this means you can get the 0% for 48 months plus the 20% off of a V-ride? Or is it either or?
Old 12-27-2011, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2weech View Post
So do you think that this means you can get the 0% for 48 months plus the 20% off of a V-ride? Or is it either or?
Since from my last years purchases I get fleet pricing this year. I also get the 0% for 48mos for the current promo. So if you are eligable for fleet you can also get 0% (my dealer checked into it). If you are not eligable for fleet check with your dealer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-27-2011, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
Online bill pay would be nice. The good ole country boy bank I use just got debit cards a year ago. I do the lawn at their locations so I will just have to wait till they get it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sheffield does have an online autopay. I set mine up and it automatically withdraws my payment each month. No charge for doing that.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlavin73 View Post
Sheffield does have an online autopay. I set mine up and it automatically withdraws my payment each month. No charge for doing that.
Well as the OP stated don't they charge $10 per time to pay online?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-28-2011, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
Well as the OP stated don't they charge $10 per time to pay online?
Posted via Mobile Device
No additional charges on that. If I remember right,if you were doing a one time payment electronically there was a charge. If you set it up for auto pay I don't believe there is. I just went online and set the recurring payment on Sheffield, designated the amount and it comes out automatically each month....no additional charges.