Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-21-2011, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattytastik View Post
I started as Joshs Lawn Care when I was 13 and last year I took on a business partner for medical reasons and we started Patkin and James Lawn Care. My avatar logo has been Joshs Lawn Care until today when I finally got around to changing it to our current logo. Nice observation skills haha.
Posted via Mobile Device
Just my 2 cents but be careful. I had a partnership for 5 years until this year when my partner went to college. You will end up doing all the work and get stuck with the bills, then still having to give away a part of your profit to someone who is not working nearly as much as you are. I would just say be careful, you dont want to wreck a friendship over all of this. Thats what happened to me and it didnt turn out well at all... just figured id throw it out there
Old 12-21-2011, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a branding company make my logo from scratch, best money I ever spent!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Agreed on the partnership thing. Before you get too wrapped up in T-Shirts go get legit!!! A good partnership agreement, perhaps some business insurance ( I am assuming there is none right now) Pay taxes, oh and all of those other things that make one professional. Then go get some badass tees.
I had a partner years ago and it cost me dearly. We even had an agreement.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf&tree View Post
Agreed on the partnership thing. Before you get too wrapped up in T-Shirts go get legit!!! A good partnership agreement, perhaps some business insurance ( I am assuming there is none right now) Pay taxes, oh and all of those other things that make one professional. Then go get some badass tees.
I had a partner years ago and it cost me dearly. We even had an agreement.
I was about to say that. I would not get tee shirts printed up with a name thats not registered. Bad news down the road. Get legit. Its the best decision you will ever make. And get a good insurance policy (500,000 is good...I have 1 mil)
Mike
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.