Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-18-2011, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Member

C3410, no carb adjustment?

Just bought a new C3410 brush cutter. Noticed a hard vibration at full throttle. I put my tach on it and it revs to 10K rpm at half throttle then dies off from there. When the throttle lever is fully squeezed it drops to around 6k rpm and vibrates hard. Runs really nice at half throttle. I looked in the book and all it lists is throttle lever free play. There looks to be no carb adjustments or throttle lever adjustments. Anyone have any ideas? It is brand new so under warranty, but I bought it online and I have a feeling a local dealer may not want to bother looking at it. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstamm81 View Post
Just bought a new C3410 brush cutter. Noticed a hard vibration at full throttle. I put my tach on it and it revs to 10K rpm at half throttle then dies off from there. When the throttle lever is fully squeezed it drops to around 6k rpm and vibrates hard. Runs really nice at half throttle. I looked in the book and all it lists is throttle lever free play. There looks to be no carb adjustments or throttle lever adjustments. Anyone have any ideas? It is brand new so under warranty, but I bought it online and I have a feeling a local dealer may not want to bother looking at it. Thanks.
That's normal. It has a rev limiter built into the ignition module. It'll peak to higher RPM's once you put a load on it.
Stihl 4-mix equipment also uses this technology and I just recently realized, so does their inexpensive HS-45 hedge trimmer.