Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-20-2011, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpierce621 View Post
redhawk-landscaping.com is a SAP website. I love the client portal. I use it to do most I communcation with my clients. They can log on, see there account, invoices, and payments. The can send you emails and all new clients who find their way to yoiur website can instantly request information and request a quote for services.
Thats a looking site. Nice clean, simple and professional. Did you have the option to go with full screen, or were all templates the same? I have seen 3 Sap sites and all were identical, and while this could be a co-inky dink, it is a concern of mine. Also, are you guys able to change things on your sites on your own easily, for example seasonal offers, maybe switch photos, offers, coupons and such?
Old 12-20-2011, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

All the sap sites i have seen look similar but wording is always different. Its a templete so thats what you will get. Customized is going to cost you a grand or so. Even with your own site you can get the estimate form from Sap for free once you sign up and when someone fills out the estimate form it will pop up in SAP?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

for you guys with multiple sites, did you see a large increase in traffic and requests for new work? I have not spent any money with google adwords at all. I started my site last march, which was a bit too late in the season to work my way to the top of google for the spring rush.... im hoping this year that this SAP site is towards the top of the list.

I also had a wonder, all the clients using our website to log into the client portal...all those persons clicking on the links, if that helps get us to the top of the list?
Old 12-23-2011, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using SAP most of this year and had them build a site for me. I love the software and don't know what I would do without it. As far as cost, good software is just as important as quality equipment.

We also have a seasonal website that I had created custom and its a piece of cake to add their estimate form into your own site so that any leads are imported directly into SAP.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachysLawn View Post
I've been using SAP most of this year and had them build a site for me. I love the software and don't know what I would do without it. As far as cost, good software is just as important as quality equipment.

We also have a seasonal website that I had created custom and its a piece of cake to add their estimate form into your own site so that any leads are imported directly into SAP.
Yes I agree. I went ahead and went with SAP, and While they are working on another site for me, I am learning the software, and I must say I don't know how I have gone so long without it! I did go ahead and use the estimate form on my self made site http://lawnenforcing.com/FreeEstimate.aspx and it was very easy, as previously mentioned and I am happy with it. Take a look let me know what you think.
The reason I will be directing all my sites through SAP is the ones I build (I am by far NO computer genius) They never display correctly when loaded in IE, but all other browsers they do fine. Any one have any ideas about how to fix this??
Old 12-23-2011, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Also Id like to add, that while I have not had the opportunity to use it alot, I really love the mobile ability and labor tracking from the phones. Clock in and out right there. I do have a time sheet as well just in case there is a connectivity problem, I can still log times on the sheet manually.
While I am still new to this technology, IMHO this is the way to go. Anything one can use to gain productivity (in any industry) is a plus.
I have to say thanks to those members who have, and continue to share their experience, and knowledge about SAP.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

They are suppose to be working on making the mobile system faster too.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yeah and welcome to the SAP CLUB :-)
Old 12-24-2011, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

@willretire, do you find your customers using the client portal much?
Old 12-27-2011, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachysLawn View Post
@willretire, do you find your customers using the client portal much?
About 30% of my customers are using the portal! Sure makes it alot easier for them and us