Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-21-2011, 07:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

USPS Bidding

Is the local United Stated Postal Service supposed to put their lawn services up for bid every year since they are a federal program?
Old 12-21-2011, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ours come up every two years. Strictly lowest bid wins. I've seen some pretty crappy work at ours but that's what the budget gets.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, our area too. Lowest price always wins, and the facilities here ALWAYS look like hammered hell. Just because it's a commercial job doesn't mean it's a good job...
Old 12-21-2011, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Every 2 years in Tulsa area.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The post office is run differently than other federal agencies/departments. They do not need to put anything up for bid and can hire anyone they want out of the phone book like a private company can. The only reason they do put larger jobs out to bid, is like most companies, is to get multiple bids and choose the one that is cheapest or fits their needs the best. As far as the bidding process goes, each district manager who over sees a number of post offices, sets the ares bidding process
Old 12-21-2011, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm in Canada. I think our local post office hires a blind guy.(no offence to other blind people or Canada's Prime Minister -who is kind of blind haha) No lawn trimming or edging, long growth in the corners where the lawn mower doesn't fit, grass is scalped as low as it will go. It's all weeds...the shrubs look like __ _ _ _, sprinkler heads broken and misaligned...it's a joke.

Last edited by Dr.NewEarth; 12-21-2011 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Go Canucks Go
Old 12-21-2011, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.NewEarth View Post
I'm in Canada. I think our local post office hires a blind guy.(no offence to other blind people or Canada's Prime Minister -who is kind of blind haha) No lawn trimming or edging, long growth in the corners where the lawn mower doesn't fit, grass is scalped as low as it will go. It's all weeds...the shrubs look like __ _ _ _, sprinkler heads broken and misaligned...it's a joke.
just an FYI. no need to make a joke about Canadian politics. None of us south of the border know a thing about canada other than you like hockey and have really good adult clubs in Montreal
Old 12-28-2011, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenIndustryAssociates View Post
just an FYI. no need to make a joke about Canadian politics. None of us south of the border know a thing about canada other than you like hockey and have really good adult clubs in Montreal