Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-02-2011, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Member

I use a bunch of apps on my website.

http://www.Genbook.com allows people to schedule their own appointments online. It sends me a text message to my phone when they do, so I know where to go. It also takes the credit card info for me.

http://www.Rating-System.com allows customers to leave reviews on my website. I get an email message when they do, and I can approve or deny the posting of it.

http://www.MobiSiteGalore.com is a simple free way to make a mobile website.

and the one I think is the coolest? -

www.handsetdetection.com automatically detects if the person going to your website is on a desktop computer, cell phone, Iphone, Ipad, etc. You can send people to different versions of your website depending on each devices typical resolution, etc. This also allows me to only have to use 1 web address (my normal one).. the end user never knows they are being routed, regardless of the device they are using. Very cool! As a matter of fact, if someone types in my mobile website address by mistake from a desktop computer, it knows they are on a desktop and takes them to the proper place.

I am always looking for new stuff, and I will let you know if I find anything else!
Old 12-27-2011, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bump for any recent updates.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Success Updates

Hey everyone! Thanks Lefet for the bump!

I just wanted to let everyone know how these apps have helped my business after I have been using them for a whole season.

Contact Me

I have had a lot of success with ContactMe throughout the past year. It was especially useful in the spring with the flood of calls for estimates. They now have an iPhone app so you can manage your contacts on the go. I don't have an iPhone so I can't tell you with experience how good the app is. I am waiting for their soon to be released Android app. They have awesome customer support and are always very happy to hear suggestions on how to improve their website.

OVERALL: I give it a thumbs up! It's FREE! Nothing to loose!

Wibiya

Very cool concept from the begining! My visitors seem to use it alot according to wibiya's integrated analytics. They are adding to the site almost monthly and I see LOTS of potential for the future. I think this company is foreign based so the technical support isn't the greatest. Only limited to support tickets.

OVERALL: I give it a thumbs up. Start with the free plan and see how it works for you.

JotForm

This is a MUST HAVE for every LCO/Landscaper website!! I have created an estimate request form which can be seen HERE! I have gotten SOO many estimate requests through this form! It is honestly a no brainer!!

OVERALL: Must have!! It's FREE! You won't be disappointed!

GoMobi

Very nice and easy to use mobile website builder. They are always adding new features that you can add to your website. My mobile site is receiving steady traffic. If you choose the yearly plan like I did, I think it is only $80/yr and it comes with a free .mobi domain name. With mobile web traffic on the rise, I think it is a smart business decision. To see my mobile site, go to: www.kirkslawncare.mobi

OVERALL: I give it a thumbs up!

Hope that helps everyone!

Thanks!

Tags
application , apps , web , website