Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Where are all the good gas cans?

I have been searching for new gas cans like the old blitz ones but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Now all I can find are ones that have the "safety" where you have to push it down in order to get gas out. Does anyone know where I can find the old cans where you can just pop the top off and pour like the one in the picture?

Any help would be great, thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2011, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Gas Cans

Garage sales, while on route I keep an eye out. Also I just picked 1 off the road. Otherwise no idea.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yea i know what your saying 1/2 the time i take the caps off and just dump it in.. drives me crazy!! I saw some really really nice cans at the shop the other day and i cant think of the name..it ill come to me haha
Old 12-28-2011, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You know, just a few years ago, the cans that you are referring to as the "old cans" were the new cans that nobody could stand. It used to be that there was a hole in the back of the cans that had a lid on it that you could unscrew and the gas would come out fairly quickly. Now it takes 5 minutes just to empty the jug.

Actually, I like the new style (not as good as the really old style but better than the style that you have pictured). Once the locking mechanism falls off (you may have to help with this) it actually works fairly good. If you need faster flow, just remove the whole spout and have at it.

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 12-28-2011, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The cans you are looking for are no longer available other than "used" thanks to EPA. Funny thing is, more fuel is spilled trying to use the new cans than with the old style. I to keep an eye out for "garage sale cans".
Old 12-28-2011, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

if i could get the guy who is in charge of these gas can regulations into a small locked room......................

give me the old old style that has a flippin VENT.

Didnt the EPA ever consider that every one just takes the tops off, spills it everywhere because they are such trash!!
Old 12-28-2011, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP View Post
You know, just a few years ago, the cans that you are referring to as the "old cans" were the new cans that nobody could stand. It used to be that there was a hole in the back of the cans that had a lid on it that you could unscrew and the gas would come out fairly quickly. Now it takes 5 minutes just to empty the jug.

Actually, I like the new style (not as good as the really old style but better than the style that you have pictured). Once the locking mechanism falls off (you may have to help with this) it actually works fairly good. If you need faster flow, just remove the whole spout and have at it.
I never complained about the the ones i posted back when they came out, i was actually happy cause it vented itself and there was no spill. Now with the new ones that have the lock (see green tab in pic below), its a pita to pour just a little amount into a small tank

Rhode Island Landscapers Thread:
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367380
Old 12-28-2011, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

whoops forgot the pic
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2011, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
if i could get the guy who is in charge of these gas can regulations into a small locked room......................

give me the old old style that has a flippin VENT.

Didnt the EPA ever consider that every one just takes the tops off, spills it everywhere because they are such trash!!
SO TRUE! little do they know you have to hold down the green tab with your hand while trying to pour it into the tiny opening on either a push or a handheld and now you are spilling gas EVERYWHERE

Old 12-29-2011, 12:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm actually going to be buying a new can, "the old style withe screw on lid at the back" very soon. I was walking through canadian tire & royal distributing and noticed both stores sell the old ones.
Posted via Mobile Device
Closed Thread

Tags
blitz , fuel , gas , tank