Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have ones that have a lever one the back of the spout, at the base, to push to dispense fuel. I like these very much. They are made by Blitz.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/2305765...Types&var=sbar
Blizzard 860HD
7 1/2 ft Western Plow
Toro 7/24 snowblower
2 Toro CCR 2450 snowblowers
48" Allis Chalmers
48" Ferris WB
36" Exmark Viking
21" Toro
21" Poulan Pro
2- Echo PB755H
Echo & Ryobi trimmers
Echo PAS 265 & attachments
Stihl & Poulan chain saws
Stihl BP blower
Stihl FS-56RC-E Trimmer
Billy Goat 16hp HTR Loader
Pesticide License BU0426
A Positive Outlook
Old 12-29-2011, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i have been using 5 gallon pails that hydro oil comes in for tanks. works good. They dont have a vent but the spout is so big that you can get a good pour going. Only problem is they only last about 6 months because the fuel makes the flexible plastic brittle on the spout. Free and works.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC LAWN CARE View Post
The only thing I have found new that is worth a flip is the Briggs and Stratton cans. They only last about 6 months though. I do have a place that has a bunch of new old stock of the old cans...only problem is that its in KS. My mom and brother are up there now I will have them get me as many as I can afford. Those cans really are good.
Mike
Where at in KS are ya talking? I don't really like the Briggs and Stratton cans because they tip over so easy unless you strap them about 3 different ways. Though they are better then the current Blitz cans.

Now if someone could find about a thousand NOS 5 gallon Gott cans, they would be millionaires today. I would give a hundred bucks a piece for a couple of em, as would a few other guys I know lol.

My picture thread:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=374000
Old 12-29-2011, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.nospill.com/

Check out these cans. 5 gl . They are c.a.r.b.III compliant and they also sell c.a.r.b.II for the rest of the country.

That is the reason you don't find the old fashion cans any more since the feds require at least tier 2 level cans.

No spill is just a button and they are vented so you could empty a 5 gallon can in less than 2 minutes.

Draw back i have is it does trap the vapors and you are smart to vent it by pressing the button but other than that, they are great cans and you are compliant with your state and fed laws. They can be bought online through amazon, ebay exct...... and yes you still can spill gass, but the reason they went to the no vent cans is because of the emission\vapors gas cans emmit. go figure.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusbuster View Post

Check out these cans. 5 gl . They are c.a.r.b.III compliant and they also sell c.a.r.b.II for the rest of the country.

That is the reason you don't find the old fashion cans any more since the feds require at least tier 2 level cans.

No spill is just a button and they are vented so you could empty a 5 gallon can in less than 2 minutes.

Draw back i have is it does trap the vapors and you are smart to vent it by pressing the button but other than that, they are great cans and you are compliant with your state and fed laws. They can be bought online through amazon, ebay exct...... and yes you still can spill gass, but the reason they went to the no vent cans is because of the emission\vapors gas cans emmit. go figure.

looks better than most!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.brandnewengines.com/5gall...ascanw528.aspx

Does anyone use these?

They look like they may work.

We use the 2.5 gal no spill for the hand tools & the the old style blitz 5 gal cans for the mowers.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusbuster View Post

Those cans are awesome. Well....in relation to the options out there now. I wish we could still buy the old style cans but these are the next best thing in my opinion. They are a little on the pricy side but not nearly as much as the eagles and they work how they are supposed to.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i mave a ton of the old cans but i have lost most of the yellow caps . i liked th blitz cans before this with the yellow vent cap.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Back when they made the older style of Blitz cans with the spount and the vent, I bought quite a few of them even though I had no idea they were going to be changing them in the future. Everyone used to tell me that I had way too many gas cans, and would say "no one needs that many cans, especially when they're solo".

Yea, well who's laughing now?? I have a bunch of the older, old Blitz 5 gallon cans with the vent in both gas and diesel, and several of the the next generation without the vent, but no lock. I bought them in 1 gallon vented, 1.5 gallon vented, 2 gallon non vented, and 2.5 gallon vented, and 5 gallon vented sizes. I even have one or two 5 gallon Gott cans. I'm set for life.

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 12-29-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLS-Tx View Post
http://www.brandnewengines.com/5gall...ascanw528.aspx

Does anyone use these?

They look like they may work.

We use the 2.5 gal no spill for the hand tools & the the old style blitz 5 gal cans for the mowers.
That looks just like the old style cans I have but with out that awful spout. But you can still get the old spouts we picked up like a dozen this summer but the old style cans is something I didn't know were still made I might be snagging some of those and switching spouts thanks for that link.
Closed Thread

Tags
blitz , fuel , gas , tank