Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-27-2011, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge credit cards same day of service. So i dont really know how many people log in. I just notice when the update their credit card or ask for an estimate.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, I do the same with the cards and I wasn't sure if I would have any real need for the portal. It would be nice for them to be able to update their cards, etc. on their own, though.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Member

So I have paid for this just to try out for next year and have a few questions. 99% of my business is a 5 application fertilization and weed control package which I have set up and added some test customers in. Looks great how they do the scheduling. Here is a question though....

I usually send out a letter offering a prepay discount of 5%. How would I go about doing this? Is there an option to do this within service autopilot or would I have to type up a seperate letter for 300 clients and then change packages for anyone who does prepay?

Curious if any of you doing fertilizing and weed control with this program?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to marketing tab and type up the letter or go to settings and make a new templet letter and then select it under the marketing tab. I'm not in office right now so I can tell you detail come detail.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-29-2011, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I will check it out. Im currently only on startup as I was trying this out. Will that matter?

I love the potential but man I was up all night trying to learn the program. I have about 300 customers I need to import and set up if I decide to go with it. Company I'm taking over accounts from is downsizing and we use real green which is pretty easy but DAMN expensive.

I just hope if I can make this work it will be easy to import and get things set up by the end of january.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklawncarewi View Post
I love the potential but man I was up all night trying to learn the program. I have about 300 customers I need to import and set up if I decide to go with it.

I just hope if I can make this work it will be easy to import and get things set up by the end of january.
You can call them and they will do a live demo with you. I plan on signing up within the next few days. In an email to them they said once I sign up to schedule a free live demo. Also they have import tools to move everything over.

I'm a little excited to try sa myself. I'm going to go with the basic plan too until I have everything all setup.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Ok so after talking on the phone they were very helpful but do not have a prepay option. So basically I would have to type up prepay letters to my customers and whoever paid I could go into their package and set up as a discount so the balance would end out right.

I have a live demo set up with Jonathan next tuesday. I guess I could use the marketing just to make a mass letter to everyone welcoming them to 2012 then fill in what their price to prepay vs not prepay would be, then if prepay edit their package for a discount. Its some work and not sure if worth the extra $30 a month.

Either that or maybe I'll just make a word document prepay option and do them 1 by 1. Though kind of defeats purpose of trying to make less paperwork.

I am also playing around with jobber(I feel scheduling especially for lawn care isn't up to par), groundskeeper pro, and qxpress.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Did they say if they will add prepay? I heard they are good about adding new features.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Member

just said they don't want to lie and cannot offer it at this time. im checking out qxpress just because i believe they do renewals. I have no clue what i'm going to do yet.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Member

As I understand it, prepay letters with discount offers are coming in the near future. Check with Jonathan directly when you speak with him on tuesday.