Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Back when they made the older style of Blitz cans with the spount and the vent, I bought quite a few of them even though I had no idea they were going to be changing them in the future. Everyone used to tell me that I had way too many gas cans, and would say "no one needs that many cans, especially when they're solo".

Yea, well who's laughing now?? I have a bunch of the older, old Blitz 5 gallon cans with the vent in both gas and diesel, and several of the the next generation without the vent, but no lock. I bought them in 1 gallon vented, 1.5 gallon vented, 2 gallon non vented, and 2.5 gallon vented, and 5 gallon vented sizes. I even have one or two 5 gallon Gott cans. I'm set for life.
Where are you located? Need me to take a few of those off your hands??
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-29-2011, 03:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigirish320 View Post
Where are you located? Need me to take a few of those off your hands??
Posted via Mobile Device
NO, I'm good, but thanks for the offer.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I was at an estate auction a few months ago and got 4 of the old style cans with the yellow vent cap and yellow spout. 2 of them are only 1 gallon cans and the other 2 are 5 gallon. The bonus, I got them for free!
Old 12-29-2011, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

yeah i miss the old style of cans with the flexible pouring spout and a vent you popped off at the back of the can. i do have one of the 5 gallon newer/older blitz cans like the first picture in this thread and i have a 1 gallon blitz can with that stupid lever you have to push down while pouring. it's a pain since you have to move that little switch in order to push the lever down. you almost need 3 hands to work that thing lol. i have to push the switch and push the lever down and then pick up the can while holding the lever down to pour. i use the smaller can for oil/gas mix. it's not that big of a problem but it is annoying. i think i'll try those no spill cans next time. i've seen them at the farmers co-op for sale.

usually i fill my mower up straight from the pump. even that is annoying since it cuts off way before the tank is completely full. then you have to keep putting gas in bit by bit because it fills up and then the level drops down. these newer gas tanks are annoying too lol.

Last edited by weeze; 12-29-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post
yeah i miss the old style of cans with the flexible pouring spout and a vent you popped off at the back of the can. i do have one of the 5 gallon newer/older blitz cans like the first picture in this thread and i have a 1 gallon blitz can with that stupid lever you have to push down while pouring. it's a pain since you have to move that little switch in order to push the lever down. you almost need 3 hands to work that thing lol. i have to push the switch and push the lever down and then pick up the can while holding the lever down to pour. i use the smaller can for oil/gas mix. it's not that big of a problem but it is annoying. i think i'll try those no spill cans next time. i've seen them at the farmers co-op for sale.

usually i fill my mower up straight from the pump. even that is annoying since it cuts off way before the tank is completely full. then you have to keep putting gas in bit by bit because it fills up and then the level drops down. these newer gas tanks are annoying too lol.
Jason,

I know what you mean about filling your tank. Try grabbing the ROPS and gently shaking the mower side to side with one hand while filling it with the other. It helps all the air escape while the gas is still going in, and saves on time, not to mention that it allows you to completely fill the tank right to the bottom of the filler neck with ease.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph02813 View Post
take a peak at the one I sent the link on it has no funnel but a long spout
That's what I'm looking for. The one I bought had 1 hole and a funnel.
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Jason,

I know what you mean about filling your tank. Try grabbing the ROPS and gently shaking the mower side to side with one hand while filling it with the other. It helps all the air escape while the gas is still going in, and saves on time, not to mention that it allows you to completely fill the tank right to the bottom of the filler neck with ease.
ok i'll give it a try the next time i fill up.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I stocked up at china mart last summer on the style in the first post.
I've got enough to last a whole bunch of years.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ATV and car race cans. Not really sure the name of them, VP makes a nice one. very quick to pour out, vented and have a long filler tube so less mess when fueling with them. I googled 'race fuel cans' and found some that look like the ones we use.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

china mart - i love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPS## View Post
I stocked up at china mart last summer on the style in the first post.
I've got enough to last a whole bunch of years.
CHINA Mart - all they rolled back was the number of American jobs.
Closed Thread

Tags
blitz , fuel , gas , tank