Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-27-2011, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Kelly's has shared a very good tip, alot of people don't want us to know this stuff. +one Kelly! One more reason why LS is a great forum to research.
In any event if you decide to purchase a mailing list, be sure it is up to date. I know this as, I had made this mistake in the past, and ended up mailing to dead people, not a big deal normally, but could aggravate some family members (I did handle those calls)and we wanna keep a good impression.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Kelly's:
I have looked on my county website and can't find any tax assessors lists. Where can these be attained?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-30-2011, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have 4x6 standard postcards. I was told from USPS that it was not even worth buying a mailing permit because it would be the same price. I would have to pay more because of the permit. USPS have postcard postage stamps for .28 I wanted to go the cheapest way with postcards because of the price of printing postcards & postage.

For those who use postcards, how much response have you had from them?

Thanks for all the feedback!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

This is my door hanger let me know what you guys think before i buy them tomorrow:

Old 12-30-2011, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonslawnmanagement View Post
Kelly's:
I have looked on my county website and can't find any tax assessors lists. Where can these be attained?
Posted via Mobile Device
Never said I did this on line this is something we do in person at the town hall and we have done it with 3 different towns. And all are done differently 2 gave us our lists with in days last year one played games and took 2.5 months. One was free 1 about 20 dollars and one wanted a lot more till we deflated her delusions.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmann_lawn View Post
This is my door hanger let me know what you guys think before i buy them tomorrow:

I don't think it looks too bad. I like it. Nice simple n clean. In the end, all that matters is, are you happy with it? Also be sure to track them, so you know what isn't working. Meaning perhaps the message doesn't appeal to your targeted market, or it works great. These are things to keep track of for future reference, so to not waste $ on things proved nonproductive.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmann_lawn View Post
I have 4x6 standard postcards. I was told from USPS that it was not even worth buying a mailing permit because it would be the same price. I would have to pay more because of the permit. USPS have postcard postage stamps for .28 I wanted to go the cheapest way with postcards because of the price of printing postcards & postage.

For those who use postcards, how much response have you had from them?

Thanks for all the feedback!
It depends.... The more you mail the more worth getting a permit is. I mailed 2500 4x6 postcards 3 times to the same addresses, and this year I am upping it. I am not doing it the same way, if that tells you any thing.