Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-08-2011, 01:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

From what I can tell all mechanical things are fine...i've pretty much narrowed it down to needing a tracking adjustment or theres something seriously wrong. Should I just adjust the tracking (it pulls about 1 foot to the right for every 15-20ft traveled) or should I be checking for metal in the fluid, or checking something else? What about these bleeders? where are they?
Mike
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC LAWN CARE View Post
From what I can tell all mechanical things are fine...i've pretty much narrowed it down to needing a tracking adjustment or theres something seriously wrong. Should I just adjust the tracking (it pulls about 1 foot to the right for every 15-20ft traveled) or should I be checking for metal in the fluid, or checking something else? What about these bleeders? where are they?
Mike
I would adjust the tracking. If the machine moves in all directions then the hydraulic system is fine. I think this machine is self bleeding so there are no bleeders. If you look in that manual under changing the hydraulic fluid it says to start the engine and drive forward and backward for two minutes after changing the fluid. The manual says nothing about bleeding the system.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

OK thanks. Will get all the tires inflated properly and all that and then adjust the tracking...looks easy.
mike
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArenaLandscaping View Post
I would adjust the tracking. If the machine moves in all directions then the hydraulic system is fine. I think this machine is self bleeding so there are no bleeders. If you look in that manual under changing the hydraulic fluid it says to start the engine and drive forward and backward for two minutes after changing the fluid. The manual says nothing about bleeding the system.
I was using wrong term....it is the right and left dump valves shown on page 11 of the document you provided If the dump valves are open a little bit it will affect drive. But I think you are right he needs to adjust tracking

Sorry mike I gave you bad info in the private note.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks!
Mike
Old 12-31-2011, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I pretty much got the tracking issue under control. BUT I do have some gripes about this machine.
1. Its WAY to heavy. I sunk it the other day and had to put it out w/ the truck. I will post a picture when I have a chance.
2. The place on the deck where the grass or leaves enters the blower tube is too small. It clogs really bad on wet leaves. Like every so often you have to un-clog it with your hand which is a major pain. I think I may make a insert that has a screen or something that keeps anything from clumping. I will have to think on it.
3. The bin is too small. It fills up in 5 minutes on really thick leaves. I think I maybe able to put some gator blades on it. If so it will make the leaf pieces smaller and therefore I will be able to put more into the bin. I just would have liked to seen a bigger bin. BUT then it would be really hard to dump and it would be really hard on the turf from the extra weight. Maybe not a good tradeoff.
I will get some pictures up soon.
Mike