Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-30-2011, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

DO NOT go to Qxpress!!! Yes that is what I have been using, and they do
have a prepay letter option, but service is horid. I have just signed up with SA,
and when I talked with Johnathan a few weeks back, he said the prepay letter option is coming, and you can do the accounting in SA for prepays. Also, they will convert most of your data over for you, but not everything gets transfered.
PJ trailers
Stihl handhelds
John Deere skids
Snow Ex spreaders
Arctic sectional plows

Old 12-30-2011, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Ok. Good to hear! I am leaning toward going with SA. If prepay is available next year I can definitely put in the extra work of typing a letter and filling in information for just this year.

I have a list of things I will be able to ask Jonathan on Tuesday, but if anyone knows now here is what I'm planning on asking.

1.prepay option?

2. sort by routes/subdivision? (when i pull up all my round 1 fertilizers on the waiting list, any way to pull up by subdivision etc....i think i may be able to do this through filtering tags)

3.Customer lists? print out alist of all customers and their services?

4. Chemical reporting on invoice? i believe i saw this mentioned that it is possible but need to have required records for the state just in case. With realgreen you fill out date and time and leave invoice so i'll maybe have to make a sheet to leave with the actual invoice?

5. Call ahead customers? Such as the advance notification list for chemical apps.

If anyone knows let me know, or if theres anything you'd like me to ask Jonathan I'd be glad to on Tuesday
Old 12-30-2011, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure they have the chemical reporting yet, but along with the prepay letters, its coming. Go ahead and ask, then let me know when her tells you about the reporting. He started telling me about it, then we got on a differant sunject and necer finsihed with the chemical reporting.
PJ trailers
Stihl handhelds
John Deere skids
Snow Ex spreaders
Arctic sectional plows

Old 12-30-2011, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Ok I will ask him. I can confirm in an email he said quote......

"We do not have a great way to do prepay letters. We are going to build an entire method around prepays in a few months. It will be very good and built specifically to do prepays and offer upsales. It will use the estimating system.
At the moment you would have to do your prepays one by one. Which is not a good option."

I will also ask him about the chemical reporting...though with the way the state budgets have been lately I don't think they'll ever come around. Better to have records in case something like Imprelis were to happen again......

edit: mkarps=mklawncarewi
Old 01-03-2012, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Off subject but I also have a free live demo set up for evergreen software. Anyone use this? They are web based also and price is more but still competative.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarps View Post
Off subject but I also have a free live demo set up for evergreen software. Anyone use this? They are web based also and price is more but still competative.
I just hate it when company's don't have the prices on their website. I also hate it when there isn't at least a screen shot. Whats up with that?

Hey mkarps, how was the demo?
Old 01-03-2012, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the service auto pilot demo in 1 hour, and evergreen tomorrow afternoon. I have a pdf they sent me with the screen shots and was quoted around $120 per month for evergreen which is also online based.

They sent me a pdf email with some screenshots. I'd be glad to share if you pm me your email. Honestly evergreen sounds incredibly more geared towards what I'm doing with fertilization and weed control but I'll know more after my live demo tomorrow. seems like it has every feature real green has which is what i have been using with my employer for the past 13 years including prepay letters but it also has online and mobile access which i wanted.

Last edited by mkarps; 01-03-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarps View Post
I have the service auto pilot demo in 1 hour, and evergreen tomorrow afternoon. I have a pdf they sent me with the screen shots and was quoted around $120 per month for evergreen which is also online based.

They sent me a pdf email with some screenshots. I'd be glad to share if you pm me your email. Honestly evergreen sounds incredibly more geared towards what I'm doing with fertilization and weed control but I'll know more after my live demo tomorrow. seems like it has every feature real green has which is what i have been using with my employer for the past 13 years including prepay letters but it also has online and mobile access which i wanted.
Thanks for the offer but I'm pretty much sold on sa. I just need to sign up. I'm holding off for a little until I have time to set everything up. I'm building my website, so I like to get the bulk of it done first as it will work with the estimating system. One of the reasons why I like sa.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Member

After talking with Jonathan I find it very difficult to go with anything but service autopilot. The few things that are not available now are planned to be added in the future and he has said they are working on tons of added features toward fertilization and weed control.

I still have my demo with evergreen...but very impressed with the direction SA is headed.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeereguy View Post
Not sure they have the chemical reporting yet, but along with the prepay letters, its coming. Go ahead and ask, then let me know when her tells you about the reporting. He started telling me about it, then we got on a differant sunject and necer finsihed with the chemical reporting.
He did say they are working on adding a whole section just for this. To record chemical applications, usage rates, everything. Sounded VERY good.

Basically you could type in gallons used to your mobile standing at the curb and SA would calculate everything based on your rate etc and keep it stored electronically for you.

Im really looking forward to the evolution of SA.